Setting eggs today. I'm a hatching virgin.

How long have they been pipped for? If you add to much humidity now they'll drown. What's your humidity? Some of mine that pipped took at least 12 hours to start zipping.

Ok, I guess it's only been a few hours. The first one took 12 hours, then I helped it zip. The others have been pipped for less than 8 hours. I have upped my humidity to a little over 70 because I was worried they're all drying out. I was reassured by your post. I think I need to get out of the house.
Lindsay

We have a little chick!!!!! Three others are piped and we are waiting. Just wanted to share. As soon as the little one dries off some I'll post a pic. It is soo cute. How is everyone else fairing at this point?

Just got my first little pips! Three out of 21, all leghorns. The RIR's have no action yet. All hope is not lost, Newlyweds! Update, before I could hit send I went back and checked and I have to RIR pips--hooray!

Good luck everyone! So exciting.
smile.png

Quote:
That's great!!

I am just getting so anxious, this is killing me. I want PIPS!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA: I wasn't this anxious when I was pregnant with my twins!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Yea congrats.

Still nothing on my end, I am keeping my hopes up, anyone else with no activity? Or am I the only one?

Nothing here.. but then, I only just set mine Wednesday! LOL!
Been Eagerly watching this thread.. anticipating my first hatch - Cinco de Mayo!!

Quote:
Lol, I know what you mean! I think it's because you can trust chicky babies to show up at a certain time more than human babies. So each hour starts feeling like a human baby day.
wink.png

Edited to add my response--oops.
wink.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom