Setting Today (03-02-2012)

no chicks yet. can i candle them still if nothing is happening during lockdown? i am very curious as to why they are not hatching while the rest of other people's hatching is going well it seems. Grrr. I'm just aggravated. LOL.

Well since they were due yesterday and the humidity dropped to 21% I opened, added some wet towels and did a quick candle. I could see one for sure that was still very active so hopefully it will hatch in the next day or so.

no chicks yet. can i candle them still if nothing is happening during lockdown? i am very curious as to why they are not hatching while the rest of other people's hatching is going well it seems. Grrr. I'm just aggravated. LOL.

My last hatch, my eggs were 3 days overdue. I finally gave in and candled and one had internally pipped. Then hatched the next day. I'd give it another few days before candling.

Hello everyone! I still have only one pip, no movement at all, even in the pipped one! I was thinking about calling in to work tomorrow but i think it will drive me crazy to sit here and watch them do NOTHING! I think they just need some more time! Today is day 20 and i am growing very impatient! Hope everyone is doing well!

I feel like that saying "a watched pot never boils!" Is happening to me right now!

Last edited:
1sttimechick-- Hah! I was so upset I had work for 5 days straight starting at day 19-24. (Now on day 21) I was going to miss all the action! But in a way I am happy because it took my mind off of it and made it go faster. Coming home from work today with some pips and zips was awesome! Now I can sit and enjoy them for the rest of the day.. and not drive myself totally crazy!

I have 20 Welsummer eggs and 6 EE eggs. I am now on day 22 and mine finally started to pip and hatch. I now have 3 EE's, but nothing at all from the 20 Welsummers. I am hoping and praying that mine are just a little late
smile.png

I think my hatch may be done. Looks like 4 bantam Cochins and 2 BW/W Ameraucanas. I feather sexed the Ameraucanas and they are both girls! The Cochins are still drying and fluffing. I will check them tomorrow. I left 2 Ameraucana eggs in the incubator just because I am not sure they are dead yet. I don't hear anything, but I can't over this Cochin chick. They still look like possible babies... I am not sure though. The air cell is a little small, but I can't see anything else because the chick is fully developed... Question is still whether they are dead or alive.

Back
Top Bottom