Setting Today (03-02-2012)

I still have three that show no pips and have not moved. How long do I wait before seeing if they are alive?

More than half of my eggs were supposed to be Easter Eggers, but not one of my chicks has the green/slate colored legs. They are all bright orange but they came from green/olive eggs. hmmm. Several of the chicks have feathered feet too. Most of the chicks hatched when I was at work or through the night so I didn't see which eggs they came from.

This is what I was told the eggs were:

Four of them are supposed to be pure French Black, French Blue copper marans, and /or Wheaton Marans. Three of those eggs hatched.

Twelve of them are from Barred Rocks, Cuckoo Marans,and Ameracana hens with a Wheaton Marans rooster.

A few of the babies look like chipmunks, one is blonde, some are a silver/gray color and a few are black with yellow. I can tell the Barred Rock mixes because they have the yellow legs with black shading.

Sorry wish i could help, my babies, bantam Cochin's, have fuzzy legs! Do you have any pics? Maybe if someone on here sees them they could help you determine what kind they are

I still have three that show no pips and have not moved. How long do I wait before seeing if they are alive?

More than half of my eggs were supposed to be Easter Eggers, but not one of my chicks has the green/slate colored legs. They are all bright orange but they came from green/olive eggs. hmmm. Several of the chicks have feathered feet too. Most of the chicks hatched when I was at work or through the night so I didn't see which eggs they came from.

This is what I was told the eggs were:

Four of them are supposed to be pure French Black, French Blue copper marans, and /or Wheaton Marans. Three of those eggs hatched.

Twelve of them are from Barred Rocks, Cuckoo Marans,and Ameracana hens with a Wheaton Marans rooster.

A few of the babies look like chipmunks, one is blonde, some are a silver/gray color and a few are black with yellow. I can tell the Barred Rock mixes because they have the yellow legs with black shading.

Not the best hatch rate, but I got chick #2 today. So now flower isn't all by herself. This one was marked RCBL and was pipped by 4am and looks like hatched about 5am.

Back
Top Bottom