Several sick chickens! Need to know what to do! What it is!

Stephnrobby

Songster
Aug 15, 2019
Clanton, Alabama
One week ago I bought some buff Orpingtons from the farm auction. One died the next day. I noticed the others looked pale so I wormed all of them. It has been a week and now others in my flock are sick. They either sound gurgles, gasping for air, green watery poop, can’t open their eyes and very very lethargic! I’ve given them all oxytetracycline last night but I need to know if that’s good or what else do I need?? HELP PLEASE !!! photos attached
IMG_6294.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6295.jpeg
    IMG_6295.jpeg
    439.1 KB · Views: 16
Everyone is in the same coop. They free range during the day. I feed them chicken feed everyday.

So the ones who are bad sick….I need to contain them elsewhere?
Unfortunately, its too late now, your birds have already been exposed to anything they have.
Any new birds should be completely quarantined for at least month far away from existing birds to make sure they're healthy.
Best you can do is treat the symptoms.
What did you worm with?
What type of chicken feed?

Unfortunately, its too late now, your birds have already been exposed to anything they have.
Any new birds should be completely quarantined for at least month far away from existing birds to make sure they're healthy.
Best you can do is treat the symptoms.
What did you worm with?
What type of chicken feed?
I have a feed I get from a feed farm. Comes out of silos. Been using it long time now. I wormed with wormazole. And gave everyone injection of tetracycline last night

I made this mistake when I first got my ayams…it was a nightmare. You will never do it again! It’s a really hard lesson to learn.

I have a feed I get from a feed farm. Comes out of silos. Been using it long time now. I wormed with wormazole. And gave everyone injection of tetracycline last night
What is the nutrition of the feedfrom your mill? Green poop is from:
Improper nutrition
Infection
Or liver failure.

Back
Top Bottom