Sewing Lessons

KsKingBee

Free Ranging
10 Years
Sep 29, 2013
The Scenic Flint Hills of Kansas
Not long ago I posted a thread about what is in your medicine chest, well, we had an emergency yesterday and we were much relieved to have the supplies we needed to help out our hen. Lil Bit, a high Spalding Dark Pied hen we have from Bob's Green Peafowl was attacked by her White Spalding cock. He tore the skin behind her head exposing her skull and muscles in a three-inch gnash. We promptly cleaned the wound, removed the remaining blood clots, sterilized, and sewed her up. She also received pain medication and antibiotics. I am not the best seamstress but we got the job done.
IMG_8184.JPG
IMG_8187.JPG
IMG_8189.JPG
IMG_8190.JPG
IMG_8192.JPG
IMG_8197.JPG

Wow. Great job on the stitches. Sorry that you had to do it though.
What set off the peacock do you think?
I have a peahen sitting on eggs and one of my peacocks went over to her and started harassing her. I chased him off but what the heck is their deal?

Wow. Great job on the stitches. Sorry that you had to do it though.
What set off the peacock do you think?
I have a peahen sitting on eggs and one of my peacocks went over to her and started harassing her. I chased him off but what the heck is their deal?
Frustration. There is an outside intruder that the cock wants to chase away from his territory and he can't get to it so he gets frustrated and starts beating his hens. Which is ironic because he was trying to protect his breeding stock.

Back
Top Bottom