Sewing machine v.s Sewing machine

minniechicks

Songster
9 Years
May 31, 2010
Phenix City, AL
I need a new sewing machine and I want one that does embroidry too. I am looking toward Singer. Please advise. Thanks, Minniechicks
he.gif
barnie.gif

I have several Singers and a Janome. It just depends on how high tech you want to go. Love them all! Shop around and see the demo.
thumbsup.gif

Last edited:
I think it all depends on how much you want to spend. Singer has always been a good machine. I have a Bernina sewing machine and a Janome serger. Make a list of what features you want, how much you want to spend and then visit a fabric shop or two to compare different machines. Another factor to consider is how much will you use the machine? If you are going to use it a lot and for many years, then you may want to spend a little more. Good luck finding the machine of your dreams and have a blast with your creativity.

I have the opposite of hisdaughter, a Janome sewing machine and a Bernina serger. And I totally agree the Singers I have are still wonderful, running great. My newest Singer, which is about 25 years old does nice embroidery. The only reason I bought the Janome (about 8 years ago), I wanted the ability to design on the computer, but honestly I probably have not done that enough for the price. Maybe if I didn't work!!

I have a Janome embroidery machine and a White serger. I like my sewing machine, but I want to upgrade to a Babylock. I'm saving my pennies, now. My MIL has a Babylock serger, and it's a dream, an expensive dream, though.

My first sewing machine was a Kenmore. It was just a basic machine, but it was good for learning on.

Another thing to consider is the hoop size,i think with some of the singers u have to be connected to the internet to run the designs. A lot of the machines have a memory stick that u can down load on to.I have a hus,it is ok,it does have a nice hoop size.Oh i have been told singer owns hus now.

Last edited:
http://crafts-sewing.hsn.com/singer-ses1000-all-in-one-sew-embroider-and-serge-machine_p-5448396_xp.aspx

This
is a Singer SES1000 and it's an awesome machine.

I mainly use mine for embroidery but you can use it to sew or as a serger, which is really neat. Its a good price to and you can download lots of free and other designs from websites online. Plus you can do cross-stitch designs and use your computers fonts. Click on the "watch video" and it will show you lots of things this machine can do. When I watched the video I was sold on the machine.

This machine uses the "compucon xxx" format but you can use other designs such as PES and others, and it comes with a 4x4 and 5x7 hoop

Last edited:
Very good point about hoop size if you want it for embroidery. Mine only came with a 4x4 hoop, and I want a larger one.

Back
Top Bottom