Sex- linked Information

Quote:
funny in a way.....I have Silver Laced Wyandotte Roos and a RIR pullet....what happens if they cross? Just messy mutt chicks?

I also have been told I have Golden Sex-Link pullet chicks, I also have some black sex-linked chicks....what if my SLW Roos get to them? Just messy mutt chicks?

I also have and Easter Egger?

Very helpful to me.

I have a GLW roo over 2 GLW and 2 SLW hens. Now, if the GLW hens weren't in there, could I expect that the chicks I just hatched would be sexed linked and the silvers all male? Cool if that is how it works.

ok....with a Silver Laced Wyandotte Rooster and these hens: Rhode Island Red, golden sex-link, black sex-link, white leghorn and an easter egger....what am I going to get?

Question- I have a silver EE rooster over my girls, and the crosses that came from my EE and my RIR pullet are curious. 6 of them are yellow with three parallel black stripes on their back and a line and a dot on their heads. Two of the same crosses look like the reddish chick in the first post, with just a bit of markings on them. Is this a form of sex linking? Also- my silver rooster has produced a LOT of silver babies. We have two partridge EE hens and the babies from that mix are nearly 75% silver.

Quote:
There is a breeder who does that cross and he calls it a Cinnamon Queen and they are a very attractive looking chicken. I'll see if I have a picture. They don't look like the pics on the internet.

What happens if you reverse the gender in the sex link mating?
Example: Red Rock
instead of Barred Rock over a RIR, a RIR over a Barred Rock?

Hmmm, very interesting. I have Barred Rock Hens - black, and I know someone with a couple of americauna roosters. But they are multi-colored, brown being one of their colors. More study required.....

love this stuff.....I have two Silver laced wyandotte roosters born in late Feb and gettin very large....18 hens.....SLW, RIR, White Leghorn, EE, and both red and black sex-link....how long until they are laying, crowing, and mating? The SLW are the oldest, but only bu days or weeks.....what chicks am I hatching next spring?

Hello
What a presentation you did.I read and understand in very well.
please would you tell me ,if father black and mother black but come out white..., how??

thanks & regards

WOW this is great info I have 1 silver sex-link hen.I had no clue she was a sex-link until now thought mayb was a fogghorn mix!! I also have 2 fogghorn legghorn, 1 plymouth barred rock and 8 rhode Island Reds, all my chickens are hens. thank you very much:D

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom