sexing bantams

J3172

Songster
9 Years
Feb 6, 2010
Michigan
Why cant hatcheries sex bantams? Then I've read about it and seen it on dirty jobs but still cant figure it out on live chicks and ducklings is their a secret to it?

My Pet Chickens sexes bantams, but it costs $7 extra per chick for pullets. I think most don't do it because they are so small and that makes it much harder to do.

maybe it has something to do with the size of the chick. Bantams are about half the size of standard poultry. But I really
idunno.gif
. I can color sex my hatchery silver duckwing OEGB.

well I ordered the bantam special from ideal do if I get any silver duckwing bantams how do I tell?

i've been able to feather sex my bantams within a few days of hatching. i have 7 cochin mixes that all look to be pullets, and i just hatched out 2 bantam faverolles that both are males.

It is easier to see than to explain but I don't have any pics cuz I never took any. But,Day Old- Males will have a lighter head kinda silver-ish. Females will be different in appearance, darker and their heads are more of a brown. When they start to feather out 95% of the time males will have dark breast feathers and females will be light brown instead. But seldom do the feather different but it does happen.

Back
Top Bottom