Sexing & breed help please :)

jmpk2012

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2020
SE of San Antonio, TX
I would love your opinions on the sex of my 5 chicks, and also what breeds
Aubrey Collage.jpg
Flower Collage.jpg

Chick #2 Flower is a MONSTER (her legs are so thick!) compared to the others her age (except my golden sexlink chick who is not pictured) and is definitely outgoing.
Diana Collage.jpg

#3 Diana is tiny compared to her same age chicks, quiet, shy and unassuming.
Gracie collage.jpg

Also, what breed you guys think #4 Gracie is? They just said bantam at the feed store
Karsyn Collage.jpg

Last edited:
Where did you get them, so we can figure out breeds? :) It's too early to tell gender on most, though I'm betting cockerel on Flower (due to large amounts of red).
#4 Gracie I got from a local feed store. The others from a reputable local breeder who sold them to me as Ameracaunas but I see so often on this site that what people buy thinking they are Ameracaunas are suspected to really be EEs... So I'm curious what you guys think :).

Gracie is likely a White d'Uccle, due to an apparent beard. :love Flower and Princess Diana are definitely not Ameraucanas. I'm thinking pretty Easter Eggers. :) It's likely Aubrey and Karsyn are, too, since the others aren't true AM.....although their features line up better. What color are the foot bottoms on these two? Aubrey's appear slightly pinkish, but it could be lighting.

Gracie is likely a White d'Uccle, due to an apparent beard. :love Flower and Princess Diana are definitely not Ameraucanas. I'm thinking pretty Easter Eggers. :) It's likely Aubrey and Karsyn are, too, since the others aren't true AM.....although their features line up better. What color are the foot bottoms on these two? Aubrey's appear slightly pinkish, but it could be lighting.

I'm so excited that Gracie appears to be a D'uccle. They are adorable. I had no idea they could be white!

This is the best pic I have of the bottom of the black chicks' feet... kind of pinkish I would say
CE89D7A5-F114-4481-AC1A-0BD124E7F65A.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom