Sexing Easter Eggers

Pics
Here is a full body shot

Thank you. This was very helpful. I always struggle with small combed breeds on determining sex until the tail feathers really start to develop, so this helping me decide if I need to pick up more chicks or not this year. Will check out my ees tonight to see what the ratio is looking like right now.

Any guesses for my 5 week old EE? She was sexed as a pullet but seems a lot feistier then the rest of my chicks, I'm hoping still pullet.

Hello, I was hoping you all could help me out with these two. They're easter eggers hatchery sexed as pullets. But now that they're 6 weeks old, I'm starting to think that #1 is actually a cockerel!? I don't know much about this, but from reading posts on this forum I've become suspicious. #1 has a decidedly wider and more pronounced comb area with what appear to be three rows forming? Also #1 seems to be mush splashier in color, and the neck feathers especially don't seem very pullet-like to me. He/She is also growing his/her tail in differently than #2, with the outter feathers coming in, and the middle ones lagging behind, so I can't tell if they are curved or not. From the beginning I thought #2 might be a cockerel because she had a more upright stance, but now I'm all confused! Like I said I have next to no experience in this area. Would someone with a little more knowledge care to make a guess?

Hello, I was hoping you all could help me out with these two. They're easter eggers hatchery sexed as pullets. But now that they're 6 weeks old, I'm starting to think that #1 is actually a cockerel!? I don't know much about this, but from reading posts on this forum I've become suspicious. #1 has a decidedly wider and more pronounced comb area with what appear to be three rows forming? Also #1 seems to be mush splashier in color, and the neck feathers especially don't seem very pullet-like to me. He/She is also growing his/her tail in differently than #2, with the outter feathers coming in, and the middle ones lagging behind, so I can't tell if they are curved or not. From the beginning I thought #2 might be a cockerel because she had a more upright stance, but now I'm all confused! Like I said I have next to no experience in this area. Would someone with a little more knowledge care to make a guess?

I think you have 2 pullets. The combs on both are still pale, and the red does not look red enough to be rooster red.

I have a 6 week old Easter Egger, was supposed to be a pullet

but I am thinking cockerel. These are my first chicks and am curious what anyone else thinks?

Back
Top Bottom