sexing salmon faverolles--still confused (update)

Can you guys look and tell me if I have two hens or a rooster and a hen which my friend thinks?
(my friend this is a rooster what do you guys think?

(we are really sure this is a hen)

This 3 week old is obviously a cockerel... but his solid white color has me wondering. I ordered blue salmon hatching eggs from a breeder. She said she has blue hens but a regular cockerel over them so I may get blue or regular salmon Favs. Would this be a splash?

I have a SF chick now that I think is a pullet--she is 3 weeks old now, and I can show you her picture progression. I have lots of pics, so if you want to see a different angle of something, let me know.  I have a question, though, too--is she going to get lighter?  She seems much darker than an adult should be (but not as dark as a roo), right?  She is from Meyer Hatchery.

Here she is at 1 day:
3419865633_0b3287beea.jpg

1 week (with my 2 week old EE and SLW):
3450019675_1e651a4607.jpg

2 weeks:
3481922466_c0e5d1a767.jpg
3481843715_a7f7544b26.jpg

3 weeks:
3484962678_35197b82fc.jpg
3484992408_73e29949c9.jpg

My 3 week olds aren't getting very much feathers. Do they feather out slow?

This 3 week old is obviously a cockerel... but his solid white color has me wondering. I ordered blue salmon hatching eggs from a breeder. She said she has blue hens but a regular cockerel over them so I may get blue or regular salmon Favs. Would this be a splash?

That does not really look like a Faverolles of any color. Does it have 5 toes on its feet? Could you take a couple more pictures?

Last edited:

If the male was salmon there is no way to get splash offspring. He's likely a recessive white. I know of at least one flock of salmons/blue salmons that had them pop up from time to time. Did he come from TX?

That does not really look like a Faverolles of any color. Does it have 5 toes on its feet? Could you take a couple more pictures?

Yes he does have the extra 5th toe. I will when I get home from work. They are feathering out soooo slowly! I hatched Marans with them and the Marans are almost fully feathered. These babies still are mostly fluff. I have them on Purina non medicated chick feed. Should I be feeding them a higher protein?

If the male was salmon there is no way to get splash offspring. He's likely a recessive white. I know of at least one flock of salmons/blue salmons that had them pop up from time to time. Did he come from TX?

No he came from Skyline Farms in TN

Back
Top Bottom