Shamo? Anyone.

Thanks Ish, I will certainly try my best to do right by them. I will update with pics as they go along. About how old are they? I forgot to ask. Thank you again for your graciousness when we all decended upon you. I was very impressed with your birds and set up. Don't get too hot out there. It is roasting up here.
sharon

Quote:
From the pics you posted Whats more desirable as far as feather type in shamo.

The type of feathers on your blacks shamo, or the dark shamo Roo.

Quote:
From the pics you posted Whats more desirable as far as feather type in shamo.

The type of feathers on your blacks shamo, or the dark shamo Roo.

I want hard feathers in all my Shamo's.

Walt

61761_bogart_sept_19.jpg

Bogart is feathering back in. Not nearly so naked! He is really getting taller. He has almost caught up with the girls. He is the first to run up to me and lets me pet him. He has quit fussing when I pick him up to hold him. The girls don't like it so much but we'll get there. The oldest hen (Hepburn) has started to lay. She lays almost every day. Garbo was exploring the nest box today so maybe she will start soon.
sharon

I have 3 shamo, to young roosters and a hen. I have been checking into how and where to show them this year the one is a real eye catcher. I figure if I am going to have them I might as well show them off! I would really like to get about 6 more and start from eggs. I got mine about 6 weeks old and we didn't bond like I did with my other birds. see what happens this year.

This is my pair, I am new to chickens, but they seem to be doing great. I can't wait for her to start laying again. I am frustrated because she laid for a while after Christmas, then stopped and hasn't started again.

Walt you have BEAUTIFUL birds. Nice picture taking :) I LOVE that old black cockbird.

I finally found a Shamo chick. I am very excited about it. I thought I would be happy with just the one but it hasn't been 24 hours and already I feel the pull to at least find one more.....

Do any of you that have wheaten shamo know if they are sexable by the colors of thier pirmaries like the marans chicks are? The one I have is a wheaten it looks rooish to me. I will post a pic in a few.

i just got some yesterday from Ideal, here are some photos. I drove to go get them, i was a bit alarmed that a few with non black beaks were nibbled on by the others on the 50 min drive home. I ordered 5 black SR and 3 black pullets.

Walt you have BEAUTIFUL birds. Nice picture taking :) I LOVE that old black cockbird.

I finally found a Shamo chick. I am very excited about it. I thought I would be happy with just the one but it hasn't been 24 hours and already I feel the pull to at least find one more.....

Do any of you that have wheaten shamo know if they are sexable by the colors of thier pirmaries like the marans chicks are? The one I have is a wheaten it looks rooish to me. I will post a pic in a few.
Been my experience that the darker chicks are stags. The pullets are yellow.........Pop

Back
Top Bottom