Shamo? Anyone.

I met some top gamefowl fellas at The World Championship Derby in Oklahoma. Some of them told me that no real Japanese shamo can be found in the states now, just a few birds in Florida from a imported german exhibition bloodline these days. Like I said just saying what I see no offense meant - I to know my birds. :)

I met some top gamefowl fellas at The World Championship Derby in Oklahoma. Some of them told me that no real Japanese shamo can be found in the states now, just a few birds in Florida from a imported german exhibition bloodline these days. Like I said just saying what I see no offense meant - I to know my birds. :)

These are from Julia in Great Britain...they are the real deal. Who did you talk to? Carl? Serious breeders of O Shamo's know these birds and this line and can recognize them from pictures. I raise Asils too and there is nothing about these birds that look like Asils and I don't know how anyone can weigh birds based on an online picture. How long have you been raising orientals?

Walt.

Walt Bud, I know Keeling and her birds. Like I said just saying what I see and some of those pics are looking asil x shamos and not JK stuff - Funnily my large line of shamos was started in 1977 by my pop and you know, my father started up JK back in 89..
If you'd like me to explian more I can do an indepth PM. But beware I'm still a rookie
wink.png

Walt Bud, I know Keeling and her birds. Like I said just saying what I see and some of those pics are looking asil x shamos and not JK stuff - Funnily my large line of shamos was started in 1977 by my pop and you know, my father started up JK back in 89..
If you'd like me to explian more I can do an indepth PM. But beware I'm still a rookie
wink.png

Well they are jk birds and nothing has ever been put into them. I have raised Asils since 1970, so I know what Asils look like. check and post your birds in the Oriental thread here., When I posted the same pics they knew where the birds came from BEFORE I disclosed the source...read it yourself.
Yeah, I'm still a rookie too.
wink.png
50 years and I still can't tell a birds weight online...maybe you can tell me how to do that...I'm always willing to learn.

Walt

Well they are jk birds and nothing has ever been put into them. I have raised Asils since 1970, so I know what Asils look like. check and post your birds in the Oriental thread here., When I posted the same pics they knew where the birds came from BEFORE I disclosed the source...read it yourself.
Yeah, I'm still a rookie too.
wink.png
50 years and I still can't tell a birds weight online...maybe you can tell me how to do that...I'm always willing to learn.

Walt
Walt Bud, we had Imported asils before the 70's but went over to real deal Jap shamos as found they are more refined for our tastes and the fellas with shamos became more happier than those who stuck with the asils, even the British based Pakistanis and bangladeshi guys I'm pals with would show you asils that would'nt look like your asils you've seen so how do you know what all asils look like??? When you've seen a varied amount of asian fowl over the years you can have a good accuate guess of weight even by a photo, like if some person posted a pic of a obese guy and a skinny one you'd have a good accurate guess to the weights... I'll have to find the oriental game thread but my time is precious to sift through the various dunghills to see the real deal stuff, if you'd like to learn more drop me a Pm so I can share my thoughts and experiences of asian gamefowl if you prefer.

Witch bud,
You don't know anything about me or what I know about orientals, what my Asils look like etc, etc. You have to know the weight of one individual to guess weights. It can't be done online. Condition alone...as you should know ..can change the weight of a bird. I'm 74......I have been around for a while......raised birds since I was 9-10 ..... and does your daddy know you are bragging on his accomplishments?

Ronnie Profitt is the guy in FL with the German Shamo's and Malays and he got them from Werner in Germany. The Shamo's Julia has now came as eggs from Japan.

Walt

I met Ronnie this past January in Lake City and took a picture of his birds he had with him. They do look different. I will have to see if I can find the picture.

Walt bud, my father passed away near 20 years ago aged 86. Yes he did accomplish a lot and you and others would have learnt a fair bit from him. I know the strain keeling holds from Japan today ( a proven strictly exhibition strain ) and I remember to this day when she got her first pair from us in 89 and then became the 'shamolady', but there are a few more people in the UK and europe who hold direct Japanese imports but alas they are not show breeders so don't live in or crave the limelight. And I know Werner in person as spoken to him at Cologne... I to have been around for a while and third generation into gamefowl and know little else, and bred true shamos before most game men that are well known knew what a shamo indeed was but am always learning. I was told about RP when I was in OK visiting gamefowl pals across your side of the pond. It is good to extend ones horizons. As for weights, an oz or several is indeed impossible to tell, but to exagerate by a couple of lb's here or there is obvious. Just like it tis obvious to tell if a fowl by looking is full of gut fat without handling the gamecock. Anyway why do you breeders in US and exhibition breeders in england keep talking about 'O' this and 'chu' that ? if I understand well, if a cock weighs 4.1 kg. Is a Chu shamo. If he is gaining some fat or muscle, he is a O-shamo. But he is getting slimmer into condition, he is a chu shamo again. He is one year old now. In average, my birds from my 8 to 9lb family gain 250 gr after moulting season. What will be his weight next year? What will be his affix breed next year, chu or o ?
It has been interesting to debate with you.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom