Share Your Candling Pics and Videos!

Sooty bout all my questions ( first hatch ) but I want to candle my eggs today which are under my broody hen who is outside in the coop and I need to take them into a dark room in the house. How long can I take the eggs away for

What we did with our broody hen was we candled at night. We just reached under her, pulled out an egg and then candled it. Since it was dark out she did not move and we did not have to take the egg anywhere to candle it. After all the eggs were candled we put them back under her.

That was our first hatch.

We have never candled since. We have a much better hatch rate when we don't candle. Turns out mother nature pretty much knows what she is doing.

In the towel hehe

And then mr cuddles here

Decided to move

I am new to candling and I was finding it really hard to candle this fella. It looks like there is a vein and definetly a dark spot where the embryo is but could someone double check that i am seeing this right. Is there a live pigeon embryo in the egg?

I am new to candling and I was finding it really hard to candle this fella. It looks like there is a vein and definetly a dark spot where the embryo is but could someone double check that i am seeing this right. Is there a live pigeon embryo in the egg?
your egg is picture perfect
thumbsup.gif
i would put money on that their was a embro in that egg. If your not sure you can put the egg down on a flat surface and use two lights that what i starteding doing because most of my hatching eggs are brown or blue and one light doesn't do the job.

Back
Top Bottom