Share Your Candling Pics and Videos!

We collected from the 6th to 12th and put them in the next evening.

ok yeah i saw several that look really good and dark
thumbsup.gif

Hi everyone! I'm new to chickens and looking for some advice. I have 10 eggs, they are now on day 7. I can see veins in 8 of them, movement and the eye in 7. But there are two which are porous, the shells are all mottled and i can't make anything out. I can see the air sac though. If they have an air sac as big as the others does that indicate they are developing? I thought i could see a dot on one of them that moved, but I'm not sure, there was definitely something in there that was moving as i tilted the egg. The other one i can't make anything out at all.

Hi everyone! I'm new to chickens and looking for some advice. I have 10 eggs, they are now on day 7. I can see veins in 8 of them, movement and the eye in 7. But there are two which are porous, the shells are all mottled and i can't make anything out. I can see the air sac though. If they have an air sac as big as the others does that indicate they are developing? I thought i could see a dot on one of them that moved, but I'm not sure, there was definitely something in there that was moving as i tilted the egg. The other one i can't make anything out at all.

try getting a second flashlight if their are no viens or movement when the egg is still their is no embryo

yeah i say wait until day 14 candling and if still nothing shows up then think about tossing it.

OK, thanks. I just don't want to throw it in case there is anything in there. The shells are so mottled i can't make out any detail. If i just keep it it's not going to explode or anything? It doesn't smell rotten.

OK, thanks. I just don't want to throw it in case there is anything in there. The shells are so mottled i can't make out any detail. If i just keep it it's not going to explode or anything? It doesn't smell rotten.

smell is a pretty good indicator but i wouldn't keep the egg past day 14 if their is no development that's when you start risking an explosion and believe me you do not want that
hide.gif
one exploded egg and ruin a hatch if it gets on the other eggs.

Back
Top Bottom