She Is At Peace Today

tackyrama

Songster
11 Years
Aug 14, 2008
Central Minnesota USA
We had the funeral for my wife today. She has no more more suffering. She had made the decision to become a doner some time ago and her wish has been fullfilled. Through her gift some one, somewhere will receive a precious gift. The very best thing about this program is that you know who received her gift and have the opportunity to communicate with them. This is often what happens and can open the door for a long and special relationship with the recipient and their family. This is such a wonderful program and I highly recommend it.

Her life was a long story of pain and suffering caused by a drunk driver. She was hit head-on in 1969 and was pulled from the burning wreck. She suffered massive stomach injuries and was not expected to live. She was in intensive care for 3 months and given last rites 3 times. She was the strongest person I have ever known and has had to live with pain and sickness all these years. I am eternally grateful to God for having had her in my life for the last 40 years. Because of her I have learned patience and sympathy and in this I am blessed. Together we had two children and 8 grandchildren. Her greatest acheivement was just to live long enough to see all her grandchildren.

I am relating this so hopefully another drunk driving incident will be avoided. It is so senseless and avoidable. Please make drunk driving penalties a priority in your life.

My sympathies...
hugs.gif

And I completely agree; the tavern leagues interfere with legislation a tad too much. Tougher laws are necessary, and a change in the drinking 'culture'.....

I'm so sorry for your loss, but I'm glad that your wife has found peace. God bless her, and you, for sharing her organs, and improving the quality of somebody else's life.

I am so sorry. May the good Lord bless you and keep you. May His peace fall upon you and your family.

Monique "Ruth"

Back
Top Bottom