She is broody again want to be hatching buddies?

Panhanle RIR

Songster
9 Years
Apr 16, 2010
Texas County, Oklahoma
D.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
My Wyandotte hen is now broody for the second time in four months
big_smile.png
I'm very excited and ready to see how many chicks
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
hatch out who else will be hatching at around the same time?
ya.gif

Last edited:
Sweet what breeds will ya'll be hatching my wyandotte is setting on Some Sumatra Hen with a RIR roo eggs Some jersey giant hen with a RIR roos eggs some Wyandotte hen with a RIR roo eggs and Some New Hamspshire Hen with a RIR roos eggs!
Her most recent daughter Yuma is a Wyandotte RIR cross and is 6 weeks old on sunday!
My wyandotte has been broody 2 times in 4 months and is only 1 year old

I have 2 broodies, too! However, they are sitting on air! I have watched them for 2 days, and sure enough, they are sleeping on the nest. I don't know if I really have anything I want to give them, though. I am just now hatching (have pips) my last eggs. Shoot, what to do .... what to do!
gig.gif

im pretty sure my daughters little white silkie is broody,we plan on making her up her own place tommorow and moving her at night. so we will see how that goes,we are egg-sited this is our first broody!!

I started my broody on the 24th also! Matilda is an EE and the eggs will be crosses Hens: (EE, BO, Australorp, RIR, BR) roosters: (Australorp or EE). I moved her to a nice quiet place in the grain room so the other hens do not lay eggs on top of her. Waiting is the hard part!

Back
Top Bottom