She is broody again want to be hatching buddies?

ya.gif
I should get my eggs this week!!!!

Hey Attack Chicken -- I'm south of you, also a Hoosier
frow.gif

I'm bidding on my eggs tonight - and hope to be slipping them under my broody bantum soon!! This is a first for us, never had a broody before or even hatched eggs
yippiechickie.gif

I put a few eggs under my broody the other day (friday) also
smile.png
Not sure if any are developing, though. I candled them yesterday and they haven't done anything yet. I'll candle them again tomorrow and if they're not developing, I'll put some of my own eggs under her.

are your broodies bald on the chest? My other broody from last month never lost feathers on her chest.

I have some put their on my other computer! I'll get them posted when I get home. My other girl that might be thinking of becoming broody was up on the roost last night.

Here's some pictures of my girl that is broody but not on her nest... Honey :
16241_img_0825.jpg

And a picture of the thinking of becoming broody girl...my little Coco( the brown one)
16241_img_0811.jpg

Last edited:
On 4/21 I gave a broody Barred Rock cross 4 eggs. So far, so devoted LOL I take her out once a day so that she can eat. She stays out for about 5 minutes and then hightails it back into her nesting box. The only one that bothers her is a Polish that insists the only box she can lay in is the "mommy box." She squeezes herself in and pushes mommy out. When she's done, mommy goes back in. I haven't handled the eggs since the morning of 4/21 when I marked them and put them in her nesting box. We'll see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom