She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

gig.gif

OMGosh... somebody just saw a coyote in our building!

IN the building?

I believe you are right about the glass thermometer. There is a whole 20 Eco thread. They love them as much as I love mine. Silkie could probably link it. I'm mobile today, and too lazy to look it up :gig

I will look that up. Brinsea should cut me a deal...my whole birthday/Christmas list starts with "Brinsea"...:gig

OMGosh... somebody just saw a coyote in our building! 

That is crazy!! What are they going to do?? I walked out of the house last night and I had just fed the cat out the back door (he's always trying to sneak in) so I kicked him a little with my foot to keep him out and it was not the cat. The cutest, fluffiest, young skunk looked up at me! Thank goodness he did not spray me!!

I will look that up. Brinsea should cut me a deal...my whole birthday/Christmas list starts with "Brinsea"...:gig
That is crazy!! What are they going to do?? I walked out of the house last night and I had just fed the cat out the back door (he's always trying to sneak in) so I kicked him a little with my foot to keep him out and it was not the cat. The cutest, fluffiest, young skunk looked up at me! Thank goodness he did not spray me!!
Cutest, fluffiest young chicken nabber...

Okay this seems like a dumb question - but I'm not sure which day is 21.  I set the eggs on Friday July 24th at 7pm.  For candling I started counting days after 24 hours, Day 1 was July 25 at 7pm, but that was the end of Day 1.  By count tonight is the end of 21.  Should hatch day be today or tomorrow?  I don't see or hear anything.

the counting confused me too, first hatch for me. Someone recommended the hatchabatch app. We set them in at noon last Friday (8/7) and it says day 7 started yesterday at noon. It will give you candling reminders and tell you how things are developing. Today's reminder says : brain, heart, ears, beak, stomach, tongue & comb growth begins.

On another note... my humidity levels have been between 40-50% with no water in it (the RA humidity has been high the past few days). Is that ok for duck eggs or do I need to put a dehumidifier in the room? They are duck eggs on day 7.

gig.gif

IN the building?

Yes! Its a humongous factory, but 90% of it is no longer being used. Except for the critters. We've been trying to catch a raccoon that keeps coming in, but somebody just saw a coyote.
I will look that up. Brinsea should cut me a deal...my whole birthday/Christmas list starts with "Brinsea"...
gig.gif

My office is in another area, but I'm bringing my pistol Monday!

I have heard that young skunks can't spray until a certain age, but I don't know what that age is. I'm glad it didn't get you. That has to be one of the nastiest smells on the planet.

So I did my day 7 candling. I'm down to 10 eggs. But I am happy to say that on day 5 air cells were still all detached, so I gave them an extra 2 days no turning. All but 3, have reattached. Good development in all 10. Whacky air cell shapes, except one looks great. I lost my only partridge and my only porcelain egg. The ones I really wanted. But that just gives me an excuse to buy some more of those eggs next year!

10 is good, much much better than the 2 I got from the last batch. Mine didn't get lost. My fingers are crossed for you. Sorry for the ones that you really wanted keep you eyes on craiglist and your local back yard Facebook sites. We also have a lot of auctions in my area. I was going to go to one last weekend to check it out. But it was too hot. May go next month. Just to see. Ha ha. Also state fairs are coming up.

Yes!  Its a humongous factory, but 90% of it is no longer being used.  Except for the critters.  We've been trying to catch a raccoon that keeps coming in, but somebody just saw a coyote.

My office is in another area, but I'm bringing my pistol Monday!

I have heard that young skunks can't spray until a certain age, but I don't know what that age is.  I'm glad it didn't get you.  That has to be one of the nastiest smells on the planet. 
Do you have loading docks? Let him chase you, run really fast up to the edge of the dock, then stop suddenly. He will fly right over the edge

I will look that up. Brinsea should cut me a deal...my whole birthday/Christmas list starts with "Brinsea"...
gig.gif

well that stinks better kill it cat had rabies shots if not better kill it too and I'm not joking

Back
Top Bottom