She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

OK so I am now caught back up. I actually use Amys daily candle pics to keep me inline. I will start at candle day 12 tomorrow. Been a long time since I shut my eyes, gonna go check my eye lids for holes.
Roger 10-4 good neighbors.
I am glad I found this thread yall are a riot act. The picking and poking keeps it interesting in between the important incubating talks, oh and Amys PRN/QID pics of her eggs. I know someone in the medical field up here will cipher the QID PRN stuff out for yall. Until tomorrow. Good Night John Boy, Good night Elizabeth. By the way SC I here John boy when I read your post don't know why. As for Amy the blond off sex in the city. I never watched it but have seen a blue million commercials enough that I feel confident. Amy I dub you Candle Queen whatever her name is....
You want good candling pics to go by, these are the best: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...g-candling-pics-progression-though-incubation
I always use these to compare.

Thanks for the Gratz guys.
I just finished my coolerbator. Feeling quite clever. I didn't electricute my self. It holds temperature beautifully. I checked it with the brinsea spot check in several different areas. I am all set for my staggered hatch.
It cost about $22.00.

You want good candling pics to go by, these are the best: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...g-candling-pics-progression-though-incubation
I always use these to compare.

I use them to keep me in line on the thread. Lol my eggs hatch Tuesday they are in an incubator 30 minutes from here. I have not seen them since they went in the incubator. And I figure the ones under the turkey will be fine they have he God give. Sense to know good from bad so I'll see what I get in 26 more days

Still do not know for sure how many eggs are under my turkey. I caught her up stretching yesterday morning and went in for a quick peek. Well she was quick to get back down and cover her eggs. But not before I noticed a problem. She has one chicken egg under her. I will be removing that later today. Maybe she will actually get off the nest, I do hate to bother her, and I am a hands off type of guy. I have eggs hatching Tuesday I have not seen since they went in the bator. I would not bother her except I do not want a chicken egg to hatch and her come off the nest and leave the turkey eggs way to early.
NEXT Point, we are #2 thread, come on guys we can do it.

This is one of the best threads on this site. Between the information and all the banter between everyone. I look forward to reading everything I have missed while working or sleeping. I sleep during the day while yall are giving me pages of info to read. It takes a while to catch up every day.

And to revisit my unfortunate happening this week, no other birds have been harmed. My bulldog still visits the coop and hangs out with my birds. The cocker does too, but I am watching her. If she is the issue she will just have to only be out under supervision. If something happens to her I will need a new house to live in, she is the wifes baby. I have a funny story just to drive home what I am saying.
So a couple years ago I had taken Elizabeth out to do her business. Well I left her out like we always do to give her time. Cristy goes to let her back in and she is not there. Before talking to me or trying to figure anything out, she comes unglued. I mean balling and sobbing. She told me Elizabeth was gone, she had run away or someone had stolen her. This went on for a while, I will save you the rest of this part. Well turns out Elizabeth had went under the house and could not get back out. I could have saved a lot of trouble if she would have just asked me if I knew anything. I heard her under the house when she was outside calling her, but guys you know how women can be when they get on a roll. So I being the man swooped in to save the day. So as you can see if there is a problem with her and the chickens the chickens and or myself will be seeking residence elsewhere.
SC whats up my brother, I am typing this and throwing the boat rods in the 2500 and heading for blue water. Gonna see if we can get on some mahi and grouper today. Give you a report later. Been slammimg the last couple weeks.
Yall keep straight out there now you hear.
wee.gif
Life is so unfair I an't there did you clear it with the wife and someone please right me a short story it's going to take forever to catch up.

Ok, please explain how this works? Stops all the stupid ads in the side bar that lock the system up? For how long?

It's not nice to call his Gran'ma a red neck, even if she does need to be corrected.

I have to agree. Baby predators are still predators.

Congrats chicapee!

Got bandaids? They may work.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
As I just convinced my husband a few months ago to get chickens (and he's still not fully on board) I have not made an incubator yet. YET! I have this weird compulsion to make things to supposedly 'save' money. And I like doing it. I probably use the tools more than him and I have to say the cordless drill is the best fathers day present I ever got him.
wink.png

We built our own coop. I had grand delusions of how cheap it would be and even gathered scrap materials from my FIL and from work. Still all and all I think we're at around $500. Which isn't terrible but not my goal either. The wire for the run just arrived last weekend so that's next.

My next step is to scoop up a rooster so I can have fertile eggs for hatching.

Then I'll probably build an incubator and aim for world domination.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

CraftCrazyChick: You think like I do! Gotta love those power tools. My chief complaint is that they don't make good quality, sized for a woman's hand or even for a woman who is vertically challenged. I could retire a millionaire if I could come up with a line of power tools designed for the woman who is not afraid to use them! They would be as powerful as the standard versions, WELL made, and NOT PINK. They would have appropriately sized handles to fit the female hand, and would also be appropriately sized for the average woman's shorter stature and lesser muscle bulk. I started the chicken craze 3 years ago. In the last 4 years, I've built a cattle panel green house, 2 story cattle panel chicken coop, 2 chicken tractors, and Hubby and I built an incubator and a good sized chicken coop. I started my flock with chicks hatched in my home made incubator. It's styrofoam, with thermostat, 2 x 40W light bulbs for heat, has a computer fan, and plenty of ventilation. I'm proud of how effective it is, considering how crude it is. If I want an other ventilation hole, I grab a sharp pencil and make one! If I want to dangle a digital thermometer in a certain location, I grab my pencil, and make an other hole. Don't want a hole I've just made? Packing tape to the rescue! I hatched 5/6 with an early quitter, I think 17/20 the second time, and 19/28, and 22/?26 this spring. BTW, Doms are the best!!!!

I think Amy answered this, but $20 bought me a year of no ads~!! And a few more perks. But being ad-less is worth it. My computer zooms now!
And I so whole-heartedly agree with you on the tools. I found a great Ryobi set that is "female" friendly, lighter but still powerful and not pink! (although I don't mind the pink stuff - just bought a new pink hammer, perfect weight and woman-sized!)

OK so I am now caught back up. I actually use Amys daily candle pics to keep me inline. I will start at candle day 12 tomorrow. Been a long time since I shut my eyes, gonna go check my eye lids for holes.
Roger 10-4 good neighbors.
I am glad I found this thread yall are a riot act. The picking and poking keeps it interesting in between the important incubating talks, oh and Amys PRN/QID pics of her eggs. I know someone in the medical field up here will cipher the QID PRN stuff out for yall. Until tomorrow. Good Night John Boy, Good night Elizabeth. By the way SC I here John boy when I read your post don't know why. As for Amy the blond off sex in the city. I never watched it but have seen a blue million commercials enough that I feel confident. Amy I dub you Candle Queen whatever her name is....

Takes a while to catch back up huh. Almost told them today that they were making it hard on you, and here I go staying away for several hours and having the same problem! lol
Life is so unfair I an't there did you clear it with the wife and someone please right me a short story it's going to take forever to catch up.
I hear ya buddy....

I did some candling tonight... I think I might have a few clears... but its still early. But I do have some good ones too,

This is a beautiful Polish egg!

and a nicely developing d'uccle

and a bantam cochin

Okay Yall! I am about to blow up the feed with my baby chicks!!! I purchased these about 2 weeks ago. And my little blue cochin is a sweetie. It loves to snuggle and nudge my face with its little head. I am in love!!!:yiipchick No name WC Blue Polish No name WC Blue Polish Meet Bootstrap the Mottled Cochin. Meet Wicket the Silkie Meet Winda (I think it might be a roo) Silkie/Cochin Cross Meet Ol' Blue a Blue Cochin I love her so much! Play Time!!! Cochins means Love!!!!
Awww! They are all so lovely!
Nice pictures, candeling is addicting. At least for me haha.

Back
Top Bottom