She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

#2 made their appearance!

:celebrate :jumpy

So happy for you!! Baby duckies!!! :love

Why not one of those big crocks, tan on the bottom, dark brown on the top, with a wire bail closure for the top?  Functional & good-looking too.

Do you have a pic? I'm totally lost. Sorry!

Day 14 Call eggs...

Shipped egg with saddle shaped air cell... not as big as it seems, lol...

Another shipped egg...

Waving webbed foot, lol...

Lady Greys egg...

Great pics! And I love that people can see the comparison between the air cell of "local" vs shipped eggs. I so wish I could candle with you in person and see those little feet swimming!

Oh, and...

Awe beautiful!

Hi I have a problem and was told to come here. I have some shipped eggs and they have all hatched but one. It is malpositioned and externally pipped around 36 hours ago. It is moving but has not cheeped one time and I have been watching it closely. Its tapping and it moves around, but there is not any progress since the external pip.
I don't want it to get exhausted and die. I have been up all night rereading articles, but I still don't know what to do. The membrane is still white.

So sorry no one was around. Please update. I hope that chick is out! :hugs

I had a ducking that pipped 4 days early then woke up to this this morning.

one of the chicks wasn't being nice so I put the duckling in a make shift nest.

but this little one managed to get in to cuddle ♡

That's adorable! Great hatch, so far! :thumbsup

So my egg turner isn't due to come out until tomorrow late morning and I have 3 that are now pipped. Should I completely remove the egg turner?

Yes! Lol!
We processed Joe Cocker today. He weighed 6 1/2 lbs. I am so happy he was the most aggressive bird. He will rest in the fridge for 3 days and then roasted. Braveheart is ecstatic to be back with the girls, he even had his first mating and 2nd and probably 3rd. I have been building another coop to put the juvenile cockerels in to fatten up. They are not sop. I will be watching the 3 lav. Orp boys to figure out which one to keep. Hoping evert one is having a happy Sunday.

Good job!! I've sold all of the pullets I wanted to get rid of and I'm stuck with extra boys (couldn't even give them away). I was seriously thinking today that processing would be an excellent answer but mine are silkies and I just don't think I could eat that dark meat! Kinda wish at times like these that I had picked a different breed! Anyway, I'm happy for you! Sounds perfect!

The one finally started zipping the right way. Now its a "race" between that one and the one next to it. I think they will probably make their appearance before 10pm the way they are going. There are 2 others that aren't as anxious, still just pipps. And 3 others who haven't pipped yet.
The one that has hatched is all dry, fluffy, eating, drinking, pooping & sleeping
smile.png
s/he is named Hunter and appears to be a Rouen x Khaki cross.
Yay!! I almost named my son Hunter.

#2 made their appearance!
Did that one have a little yolk unabsorbed?

I collect them when I find them--I have a folder of them in Drop Box.
Me too!!!! LMAO My folder is in my pics, I don't use my drop box.

WooHoo!!

Do you have a pic? I'm totally lost. Sorry!
Great pics! And I love that people can see the comparison between the air cell of "local" vs shipped eggs. I so wish I could candle with you in person and see those little feet swimming!
Awe beautiful!
So sorry no one was around. Please update. I hope that chick is out!
hugs.gif

That's adorable! Great hatch, so far!
thumbsup.gif

Yes! Lol!
Good job!! I've sold all of the pullets I wanted to get rid of and I'm stuck with extra boys (couldn't even give them away). I was seriously thinking today that processing would be an excellent answer but mine are silkies and I just don't think I could eat that dark meat! Kinda wish at times like these that I had picked a different breed! Anyway, I'm happy for you! Sounds perfect!
I'm glad you picked silkies!! And such beautiful ones too! lol

Back
Top Bottom