She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Ok, I was just wondering. Because someone posted some pics of silkie chicks asking if they were really girls, and I asked where they were from because I know most breeders can't tell unless they DNA test their silkie chicks. Posted said mpc, and I couldn't really see it being profitable for them to DNA test.

In other news...I sold a rooster today!! Well the sale hasn't happened yet but we've set a date and time. I was trying to just give him away to a good home and someone has a cute little splash girl that they want a friend for, so I told them I'd meet half way (they are about an hour away) and they said they'd pay me for him if I do that. And they will give him a good "forever" home! Sounds legit, they sent pictures and lots of messages back and forth, so :fl. Only one more to get rid of and I'll be good till the chicks grow out in spring and then I can start all over again. Lol.

Ok, I was just wondering. Because someone posted some pics of silkie chicks asking if they were really girls, and I asked where they were from because I know most breeders can't tell unless they DNA test their silkie chicks. Posted said mpc, and I couldn't really see it being profitable for them to DNA test.

In other news...I sold a rooster today!! Well the sale hasn't happened yet but we've set a date and time. I was trying to just give him away to a good home and someone has a cute little splash girl that they want a friend for, so I told them I'd meet half way (they are about an hour away) and they said they'd pay me for him if I do that. And they will give him a good "forever" home! Sounds legit, they sent pictures and lots of messages back and forth, so :fl. Only one more to get rid of and I'll be good till the chicks grow out in spring and then I can start all over again. Lol.

A tip about breeding, Ruby... and why you don't see many stressing over whether they are girls or boys early... some things show early to cull for, but most things you need to grow out the birds to proper age to evaluate them properly... usually by that time, it's obvious which are boys and girls... and you want to keep improving so you want to see the boys anyways in case you get better than what you are using...

A tip about breeding, Ruby... and why you don't see many stressing over whether they are girls or boys early... some things show early to cull for, but most things you need to grow out the birds to proper age to evaluate them properly... usually by that time, it's obvious which are boys and girls... and you want to keep improving so you want to see the boys anyways in case you get better than what you are using...
I will agree with that. I held on to the extra Am cockerels much longer than I would have any other

Back
Top Bottom