She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I don't have calls, but my babies are growing! Blue Spitzhauben pullet Blue Spitzhauben cockerel Silver Spitzhauben pullet The Spitz boys are already crowing! I have turkeys hatching Friday, and then again in a week along with some random local farm eggs that I have no idea what laid them. Should be fun!
Nice crests on those birds.

She's basically spammed our thread into non existence
hit.gif
I know right!!!!

I don't have calls, but my babies are growing!

Blue Spitzhauben pullet

Blue Spitzhauben cockerel

Silver Spitzhauben pullet

The Spitz boys are already crowing!

I have turkeys hatching Friday, and then again in a week along with some random local farm eggs that I have no idea what laid them. Should be fun!
Ohhhh I like that blue. Almost all 7 of these Spitz I hatched 5 weeks ago have VERY black head crests. My first hatch were more mixed with some barely having any black and these are wicked black.

I don't have calls, but my babies are growing! Blue Spitzhauben pullet Silver Spitzhauben pullet The Spitz boys are already crowing! I have turkeys hatching Friday, and then again in a week along with some random local farm eggs that I have no idea what laid them. Should be fun!
Calls aren't the requirment! This one is my favorite! I'm gernerally a blue gal but I Love this thing! Crowing already?! No!
But double size for a call is still small! lol And you can keep the bond, if you work with them! I know you will. Oooooh, that blue one is gorgeous! Well, they all are, but I really like her looks. Mystery eggs! Woohoo!! :)
:gig
I know right!!!! Ohhhh I like that blue. Almost all 7 of these Spitz I hatched 5 weeks ago have VERY black head crests. My first hatch were more mixed with some barely having any black and these are wicked black.
:frow glad u seent em! Ima try for more on your HOH thread soon!

I don't have calls, but my babies are growing! Blue Spitzhauben pullet Blue Spitzhauben cockerel Silver Spitzhauben pullet The Spitz boys are already crowing! I have turkeys hatching Friday, and then again in a week along with some random local farm eggs that I have no idea what laid them. Should be fun!
Love these guys! I just picked up a few spitz chicks from a breeder, two silver spangled and one chamois. Probably won't breed them, but if I get a rooster, well...

Love these guys! I just picked up a few spitz chicks from a breeder, two silver spangled and one chamois. Probably won't breed them, but if I get a rooster, well...

I have several silver boys if you end up needing one! They are sweet little things. One was licking my shin yesterday (totally weird but I guess he liked the salt) and another was helping untie my shoelace today. They are funny!

I have several silver boys if you end up needing one!  They are sweet little things.  One was licking my shin yesterday (totally weird but I guess he liked the salt) and another was helping untie my shoelace today.  They are funny!

Lol don't tempt me! They're funny little things, for sure. Mine are about two weeks old. I mostly got them for yard candy, but if I fall in love with the breed, I might just have to keep a trio for breeding. I was told I could get gold spangled by crossing my chamois and silver spangled.

I love my Spitz hen, (when she's not broody...lol). She is a sweet heart. Very vocal though and my run is not covered so she is always outside it...lol I got some pics of my young uns tonight, they just hit 6 weeks I think. I'm waiting to see which are gals as I want to add 3 to the flock, the rest (4) I will be selling.

I love my Spitz hen, (when she's not broody...lol). She is a sweet heart. Very vocal though and my run is not covered so she is always outside it...lol I got some pics of my young uns tonight, they just hit 6 weeks I think. I'm waiting to see which are gals as I want to add 3 to the flock, the rest (4) I will be selling.

I'd love to see photos of yours. After you mentioned the really black crests on some of yours, I took a closer look at mine. Many are 50/50 black and white, a few of the girls are more white crested and a few of the boys more black crested but none are more than 70/30 mix.

One of the boys is kinda creepy, he flies up on the roost near my eye level and just stares at me and follows me around.

I'd love to see photos of yours. After you mentioned the really black crests on some of yours, I took a closer look at mine. Many are 50/50 black and white, a few of the girls are more white crested and a few of the boys more black crested but none are more than 70/30 mix.

One of the boys is kinda creepy, he flies up on the roost near my eye level and just stares at me and follows me around.
LOL...I see you!!!!! That's funny.

My original hatch last Easter I hatched out 11 and their crests were more mixed, a couple of them hardly had any black at all, (they were boys..actually I'm pretty sure 9 out of 11 ended up boys. I know for a fact that 5/6 that I kept were boys and I was pretty sure that only one of the 5 I sold were girls.) But these are almost solid black crested. It's weird. Of course I kept the roo that had the more mixed crest at the time and my hen has a pretty fairly black crest too..... I'll upload them from the camera and post some and then I'll go and see if I can find pics of the first ones for comparison. How old are yours now? I have a helluva time sexing the Spitz.

Back
Top Bottom