She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

So I figured that I would candle just see how they were "moving" along and well seems like I lost 4 more. How? dont know. So I am going in with 9 unless more die by Sunday evening.
idunno.gif

You mean there's actually a thread that gets more posts per day than this one? What is it, the "How many times can you hit the reply button discussion thread"?
LOL, I thought you weren't the jealous type? It's a social forum thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/917810/mountain-peeps-awesome-chat-thread-all-friends-welcome
They are #1, we're #2

So I figured that I would candle just see how they were "moving" along and well seems like I lost 4 more. How? dont know. So I am going in with 9 unless more die by Sunday evening.
idunno.gif
That stinks! My last hatch I had 100% fertility and had 6 bloodrings before day 10. I think a couple got overheated being by the turner motor (my reasoning for taking it out 4 days in). This hatch so far.... I have had 100% fertility and only 1 bloodring.

Ruby, I've always liked you, but this is inexcusable. You couldnt start with a Brinsea mini after trying with an LG

Hiiiiiii-ya

:smack
No, let me explain....my first incubator was the Brinsea mini. The second batch of shipped eggs that came included A LOT of extras. I didn't want to throw them out and could not fit that many in the mini. So I ran down to my local feed store and picked up an LG, for the extras. (It's the only incubator they sell). After 24 hours, I was ready to throw thing on the ground & stomp it! So I ordered another Brinsea mini with overnight shipping. It came the next day, I plugged it in, within 20 mins it was at 99.5, put my extra eggs in and it's been 99.5 ever since. The LG is back in the original box with the receipt taped to it and ready to be returned! I hate to say I hated it but...I did. In hindsight, I should have originally bought the octagon 20, but I thought I'd never hatch that many eggs. Boy did hatching fever set in quick. So in essence I have 20 capacity now, just not in one Brinsea!

Last edited:
LOL, I thought you weren't the jealous type?  It's a social forum thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/917810/mountain-peeps-awesome-chat-thread-all-friends-welcome
They are #1, we're #2

That stinks! My last hatch I had 100% fertility and had 6 bloodrings before day 10. I think a couple got overheated being by the turner motor (my reasoning for taking it out 4 days in). This hatch so far.... I have had 100% fertility and only 1 bloodring.  
I just hate it for you guys. Who is this mountainpeeps you speak of?

No, let me explain....my first incubator was the Brinsea mini. The second batch of shipped eggs that came included A LOT of extras. I didn't want to throw them out and could not fit that many in the mini. So I ran down to my local feed store and picked up an LG, for the extras. (It's the only incubator they sell). After 24 hours, I was ready to throw thing on the ground & stomp it! So I ordered another Brinsea mini with overnight shipping. It came the next day, I plugged it in, within 20 mins it was at 99.5, put my extra eggs in and it's been 99.5 ever since. The LG is back in the original box with the receipt taped to it and ready to be returned! I hate to say I hated it but...I did. In hindsight, I should have originally bought the octagon 20, but I thought I'd never hatch that many eggs. Boy did hatching fever set in quick. So in essence I have 20 capacity now, just not in one Brinsea!
I remember that!!! Yes!! lol You can double slap him back....lol

I just hate it for you guys. Who is this mountainpeeps you speak of?
Someone beating us...lol

LOL, I thought you weren't the jealous type? It's a social forum thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/917810/mountain-peeps-awesome-chat-thread-all-friends-welcome
They are #1, we're #2
Pushaw, that's just a silly little chat thread
roll.png

This is a highly informative piece of literary genius
old.gif

A cornucopia of highly evolved theories
old.gif

The mecca for the best and brightest minds of the hatching world to come together for the betterment of chickendom
old.gif

Nah, nevermind, this one's flocking crazy
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom