She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I knew our 2 RIR's were laying in the woods. Today we found their "secret nest".

They had 22 eggs hiding in there. If I do the float test does that wash the bloom off? We have no rooster so they will be for eating not incubating.

Just candle them to see air cell size... and sniff for bad ones... before using them, just crack in separate bowl to check first...
Yes, float test will destroy the bloom...

man this story is a lot longer than I thought .this place was right across the road from the Cumberland river and there was a boat launch and parking area there .there was also a Texas Eastern gas line that ran be hind the property . We used that to get to the back of the property . we had walked about four miles when we got to the property line . and there it was I could just see the gooseneck post of my trailer beside a tree a hundred yards through the woods . Ron said I looked like a bird dog I dropped to one knee and pointed . ain't going to tell you what I said so Now I say let's get the sheriff . Ron say no let's make sure we need to get closer so off we go through the woods till we're standing beside it . but I knew it was mine from a Hundred yards away . but now Ron won't leave the trailer says you've be hunting this thing for a mount I'm staying right here. I ran back to the car drove to get the sheriff . when I get to the sheriff's office Its dark almost pitch black . Run through the door out of breath and very tired . You would think I had just dropped the crime of the century in their lap . made one mistake. I didn't have the police report with me the sheriff was feeding his cows . couldn't go back with out either . the theft report had to be sent from Nashville via teletype . the sheriff is going to meet us there . this takes forever while we're waiting this older deputy tells me how the guy that lives on that farm threatens a deer hunter with a gun. tells him if he's not gone in ten seconds he will kill him . this makes me nervous I'm telling them we need to get back up there and about Ron watching the trailer . they wanted to know if he had a gun . I told them no. no guns just Ron they say he'll be ok and I tell them ain't Ron I'm worried about . WV will understand this there's no such thing as an ex Marine . we finely get back I wasn't allowed to go to the door , they denied the trailer was there but it was ok if they went ant looked . Ron met use at the edge of the woods had a big stick in his hands . Now I fond my trailer but he had ripped off the ID tag and my tags were gone . I had described my trailer to them at the sheriff's office every little detail . but couldn't get it they impounded my trailer and waited for the TBI to tell them it was mine . that took a week . the thief was arrested never saw the inside of a jail cell. because of the value they put on my trailer was to low . according to Nashville . I was there for his trail and his sentencing hearing . when the judge gave him His sentence I stood up and said I was not happy with it and told him all the trouble he had caused me . the Judge then ordered him to pay me $2500.00 in restitution . made it a condition of his probation . I got 21 of it . my wife was so afraid she made me get a P.O. box for him to mail the checks to. I was never afraid . Well only once that night when we found it I was afraid we would get back to a dead or badly hurt trailer thief . Funny thing both police departments wanted me to apply for a job . both said they wished they could me five minutes alone with him . I told them both no on the job and if I had wanted him hurt he would already be hurt. The people who new about what I had done went from the Governor to every local sheriff's department in middle TN. for a couple of years after that I got calls from people wanting to know how to do what I did . and that is the rest of the story . I'll tell you about Ron and the white oak creek another time.

I knew our 2 RIR's were laying in the woods. Today we found their "secret nest".

They had 22 eggs hiding in there. If I do the float test does that wash the bloom off? We have no rooster so they will be for eating not incubating.
I have 2 breeding pairs of Nankin Bantams that have free ranged since the day I got them, about 2 months ago, and they roost in a nice thick maple tree at night. I can't for the life of me get them to go in a coop, so they've been laying eggs somewhere for the last 2 months or so and I can not find their darn nest anywhere. It's driving me crazy. I've searched and searched and can't find it. I really wanted to add their eggs to the 12 Welsummer eggs I'm incubating now so I'd have a better hatch but I can't find any of their eggs.

Must be nice...

man this story is a lot longer than I thought .this place was right across the road from the Cumberland river and there was a boat launch and parking area there .there was also a Texas Eastern gas line that ran be hind the property . We used that to get to the back of the property . we had walked about four miles when we got to the property line . and there it was I could just see the gooseneck post of my trailer beside a tree a hundred yards through the woods . Ron said I looked like a bird dog I dropped to one knee and pointed . ain't going to tell you what I said so Now I say let's get the sheriff . Ron say no let's make sure we need to get closer so off we go through the woods till we're standing beside it . but I knew it was mine from a Hundred yards away . but now Ron won't leave the trailer says you've be hunting this thing for a mount I'm staying right here. I ran back to the car drove to get the sheriff . when I get to the sheriff's office Its dark almost pitch black . Run through the door out of breath and very tired . You would think I had just dropped the crime of the century in their lap . made one mistake. I didn't have the police report with me the sheriff was feeding his cows . couldn't go back with out either . the theft report had to be sent from Nashville via teletype . the sheriff is going to meet us there . this takes forever while we're waiting this older deputy tells me how the guy that lives on that farm threatens a deer hunter with a gun. tells him if he's not gone in ten seconds he will kill him . this makes me nervous I'm telling them we need to get back up there and about Ron watching the trailer . they wanted to know if he had a gun . I told them no. no guns just Ron they say he'll be ok and I tell them ain't Ron I'm worried about . WV will understand this there's no such thing as an ex Marine . we finely get back I wasn't allowed to go to the door , they denied the trailer was there but it was ok if they went ant looked . Ron met use at the edge of the woods had a big stick in his hands . Now I fond my trailer but he had ripped off the ID tag and my tags were gone . I had described my trailer to them at the sheriff's office every little detail . but couldn't get it they impounded my trailer and waited for the TBI to tell them it was mine . that took a week . the thief was arrested never saw the inside of a jail cell. because of the value they put on my trailer was to low . according to Nashville . I was there for his trail and his sentencing hearing . when the judge gave him His sentence I stood up and said I was not happy with it and told him all the trouble he had caused me . the Judge then ordered him to pay me $2500.00 in restitution . made it a condition of his probation . I got 21 of it . my wife was so afraid she made me get a P.O. box for him to mail the checks to. I was never afraid . Well only once that night when we found it I was afraid we would get back to a dead or badly hurt trailer thief . Funny thing both police departments wanted me to apply for a job . both said they wished they could me five minutes alone with him . I told them both no on the job and if I had wanted him hurt he would already be hurt. The people who new about what I had done went from the Governor to every local sheriff's department in middle TN. for a couple of years after that I got calls from people wanting to know how to do what I did . and that is the rest of the story . I'll tell you about Ron and the white oak creek another time.

ya.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif

That is such a cool story! You really are part blood hound!! No wonder you weren't worried about Ron. Looking forward to the next adventure!

SC, me thinks it's time for a new experiment here. Since you raised the hypothesis, I think you should be the one to prove or dis-prove the theory. You could either manually hold down said skunk's tail, or sneak up behind him with a roll of duct tape. I'll be standing by to take photos for proof of the experiment. I have a telephoto lens.
I think I'd pay to see that!

I wouldn't go so far as to call it a hypothesis, it was more of a question
gig.gif

I would just shoot it anyway. Since Amylynn and Ruby are both so kind hearted, and both live in that godless NY, I think they should test the hypothesis
thumbsup.gif
Hey!! I don't have a skunk problem. Knock on wood I haven't seen one in the year we've been here.

I tried that too, lol, it's soft enough that it won't stay bent but hard enough it won't hang down.
duc.gif

Let's just say I don't remember the first rainfall, but I was around when the puddles dried up. I'm probably older than any two of you put together; maybe closer to three...not sure
Well, SC and I together give you over 80....lol

man this story is a lot longer than I thought .this place was right across the road from the Cumberland river and there was a boat launch and parking area there .there was also a Texas Eastern gas line that ran be hind the property . We used that to get to the back of the property . we had walked about four miles when we got to the property line . and there it was I could just see the gooseneck post of my trailer beside a tree a hundred yards through the woods . Ron said I looked like a bird dog I dropped to one knee and pointed . ain't  going to tell you what I said  so Now I say let's get the sheriff . Ron say no let's make sure we need to get closer so off we go through the woods till we're standing beside it . but I knew it was mine from a Hundred yards away . but now Ron won't leave the trailer says you've be hunting this thing for a mount I'm staying right here. I ran back to the car drove to get the sheriff . when I get to the sheriff's office Its dark almost pitch black . Run through  the door out of breath and very tired . You would think I had just dropped the crime of the century in their lap . made one mistake. I didn't have  the police report with me the sheriff was feeding his cows . couldn't go back with out either . the theft report had to be sent from Nashville via teletype . the sheriff is going to meet us there . this takes forever while we're waiting this older deputy tells me how the guy that lives on that farm threatens a deer hunter with a gun. tells him if he's not gone in ten seconds he will kill him . this makes me nervous  I'm telling them we need to get back up there  and about Ron watching the trailer . they wanted to know if he had a gun . I told them no. no  guns just Ron  they say he'll be ok and I tell them ain't Ron I'm worried about . WV will understand this there's no such thing as an ex Marine . we finely   get back I wasn't allowed to go to the door , they denied the trailer was there but it was ok if they went ant looked . Ron met use at the edge of the woods had a big stick in his hands . Now I fond my trailer but he had ripped off the ID tag and my tags were gone . I had described my trailer to them at the sheriff's office every little detail . but couldn't get it they impounded my trailer and waited for the TBI to tell them it was mine . that took a week . the thief  was arrested  never saw the inside of a jail  cell. because of the value they put on my trailer was to low . according to Nashville . I was there for his trail and his sentencing hearing . when the judge gave him His sentence I stood up and said I was not happy with it and told him all the trouble he had caused me . the Judge then ordered him to pay me $2500.00 in restitution . made it  a condition of his probation . I got 21 of it . my wife was so afraid she made me get a P.O. box for him to mail the checks to. I was never afraid . Well only once that night when we found it I was afraid we would get back to a dead or badly hurt trailer thief . Funny thing both police departments wanted me to apply for a job . both said they wished they could me five minutes alone with him . I told them both no on the job and if I had wanted him hurt he would already be hurt.  The people who new about what I had done went from the Governor to every local sheriff's department  in middle TN. for a couple of years after that I got calls from people wanting to know how to do what I did . and that  is the rest of the story . I'll tell you about Ron and the white oak creek another time.
:clap Bravo!!

Back
Top Bottom