She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

Use 16 ga or larger (smaller number is larger gauge) to be safe.  Nothing in a computer would be appropriate other than the power cord or wires directly off the power supply that feed drives or the motherboard.  The smaller wires are useless for carrying AC current.  

16 gauge is good to 3.7A, or 444 watts total load.  This is more than you will need for a small cabinet incubator for heating element and fan and even a turner.

If you are building a small desktop incubator, you can go with 18 gauge, and lamp cord will be fine.  You can also salvage this from a cheap 2 wire extension cord.  This is rated to 2.3A, or 276 watts total load.

Never load up to the maximum load or you will risk a fire.
You are like an electrical genious, lol. I'm useless when it comes to electronics, and if I had to beeak it down into components and wire sizes and load ranges I'd have a meltdown, I honestly think my brain would overheat :/ But you are like an Electricians text book, lol.

th
:gig

I let my eggs sit for 12 hours or more....up to 24. Then candle them to see how jumbled up the may be or if the air cells have detached. Then once I place them in the incubator I do not plug in the auto turner until day 3 or 4. This give the air cells some time to reset if they are going to reset. Most of the time your air cells will be a saddlebag shape or move around which usually indicates they will need yhe hatch in an egg cart. To hold the air cell up in the big end so they don't drown. Let me know if this has helped you in anyway. ;)
Cute!!!!! I love hatching chicks!!!![/quote]
Ok thank
You. .. great advice. . Turner off 3 days? Sounds like a long time..

I haven't shared any dinner details for a while. For those who are newer to the thread, I grow a lot of things and make a lot of food. Just an old fashioned farm, ya know?

Today's dinner is lasagna...with homemade pork sausage, homemade turkey egg lasagna noodles, home grown tomato sauce, homemade parmesan cheese, homemade mozzarella...

Yum.

How did I miss this
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
droolin.gif
now why can't you live as close as Ravyn
idunno.gif
lot of good farms for sale in Tn.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom