She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

I was tired of the death rate by second hatch. I shut the heat lights off. No eggs their mooting and I trying to figure out how else I can fix the incubator. Might put insulation and wood in there. My thoughts where to get a shower rod or Windows valences rod and put it between the bookcase and house.Outside top 44 inches.26and 1/2 inches sides 34 inches .inside 37 sides top to bottom 24 1/2. 25 1/2. Dog house space. Book case to house 38 1/2 inches.dog house north east 28* my ducks our looking at it weird too.

I talked to the Hatchery and she said she had the same issue I had in my incubators. They our a pain. She said to save and regroup and invest in a descent incubators that more reliable. Brisela one not sure if the spelling is right. She said they give better results. Then styrofoam or sensitive incubators. She said her eggs would all die within two weeks due to spikes and changes in them.in her styrofoam one. It makes to many hot and cold spots.

I talked to the Hatchery and she said she had the same issue I had in my incubators. They our a pain. She said to save and regroup and invest in a descent incubators that more reliable. Brisela one not sure if the spelling is right. She said they give better results. Then styrofoam or sensitive incubators. She said her eggs would all die within two weeks due to spikes and changes in them.in her styrofoam one. It makes to many hot and cold spots.

You received that information here weeks ago.

A hatchery would not use styrofoam incubators.

Brinsea incubators are very reliable.

All incubators require fairly consistent environmental conditions. No direct sun. No strong breeze. No exposure to rain. You can spend $1000+ on an incubator and still fail to hatch with bad environmental conditions.

The exact room temperature is not critical, but can't be above incubation temperature nor too far below incubation temperature so that the heating element can maintain proper heat.

Last edited:
You received that information here weeks ago.

A hatchery would not use styrofoam incubators.

Brinsea incubators are very reliable.

All incubators require fairly consistent environmental conditions. No direct sun. No strong breeze. No exposure to rain. You can spend $1000+ on an incubator and still fail to hatch with bad environmental conditions.

The exact room temperature is not critical, but can't be above incubation temperature nor too far below incubation temperature so that the heating element can maintain proper heat.
clap.gif

I'm still trying to figure out why people are attempting to help because of this. I refuse to bang my head against a wall with someone. Especially when they spam the same things on multiple threads, don't listen to a single piece of advice given and can't even address the users by quote after they have been asked to.

But I can have a lot of hydrometer in it and everything on air conditioning fan nebulizers humidifier on. Grow light on. Upgraded heat/ fan keep it simia stable to the best of my ability. Still I have issues in the 200.00 100.00 machines I have now that cause me so much issues. The ducks broody and failing worse. I don't get it. You would think the duck could do it alone buy nature choice without help. Got to do something different.

Well sometimes we can't all do the same thing perfect. Some people have a harder time doing simple tasks that seem normal to you. We our doing the best we can with time and money.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well sometimes we can't all do the same thing perfect. Some people have a harder time doing simple tasks that seem normal to you. We our doing the best we can with time and money.

The point is, other than provide a dry, shaded, uninfested place for the duck to brood, there is nothing else for you to do. She will warm the eggs when they are cool, cool the eggs when they are warm, provide humidity, and provide protection. Give her a place similar to a dog house raised off the ground in a sheltered, shaded place and leave her alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't splice a fan my myself. I can't do the electrical out there by myself. She is not enough.i can't raise it off the ground the animal is blind and can't see to get up to high places. She listens to the other two to manage to do what she can.i need my partner help to remodel it. I don't have the skills. We our trying to recreate a incubator effect that's right for her. Why she is molting. I have just added gauges and controls. So next time I can tell you where they our to fix what issues need to be fixed. I want to do the shower curtain effect . So when I walk in there I don't scare her to feed her and give her water. I have to walk over the dog house to give her food and water on the other side. It's not enough lite or heat. I have to fix the lights I blew the circet boards. In light fixtures it's all plugged into. You have to know how electricity. To much current blows an outlet to hot it melts the outlets. Or energy sources. I've blown several outlets one in my kitchen one in my office/pool room and the one outside. These house can go up in flames if my partner can't get out their and fix it. He has been trained in that field. Trying to power all my birds. In heat cold ect. All I have right now is dog house. I can't get another one it will not fit. We our trying to create know the cooler incubator effect. But with a duck. I couldn't get chicken eggs to hatch over a year ago without adding vaporizer humidifier fan nebulizers turners air conditioning. I finally got some to hatch. But ended up with also these hernia/ genitic issues we our still trying to get to the bottom of it. I have no way to mount a fan to the machine. Without making more holes in it. That's not covered buy the manufacturing company and they will not repair it if tampered with. I can't go buy incubators every week. We have several home ones waiting for parts to be able to put it together. The animals and my son come first. On care.

Tracy is your blind duck actually broody, or does she just sit because she is blind?

Even in very cold climates, you should not need to add heat or humidity for a duck to help her incubate eggs. She will control her own body temperature and humidity. If you have her in a dog house, all you really need to do is make sure nothing can get to her. Mine is now sitting on eggs, on the ground, under a 3-sided shelter with a roof. It has not front, she is not completely closed in. But it is within a fence and she is safe. She can get up when she need to.

Also, if you talk to her softly as you walk up to her, she will not get as scared. It is very normal for ducks to be cautious of humans.

This is all she has, so you do not need to go overboard or spend a bunch of money. Predator protection is the most she needs from you.

Back
Top Bottom