She said/He said Who's right? Who's wrong? No one!

How do I mount the fan without hitting the glass on the machine. There's no room in the center. Of both incubators. You can't tie or clamp between the glass it will not close leaving it open on one incubator. It's the smallest of the two. It can't hang down it will hurt chicken or duck. You hit glass on both. Leave everything alone we will keep getting same results.
the fan kit they make for them replaces the heating element with one that has a fan in the middle if you diy it then you may need to cut the hole for the fan to sit inside idk what your element looks like though

OK so Tracy, is your duck broody?  the only thing she needs is access to WATER, as long as she can get into some water she will COOL herself down.  I understand she's blind but again, Even though she is I'm sure she's still able to find food and water.  If that's the case, she's all good.

As far as being cold, I doubt it.  They can tolerate cold weather, all heat is processed through there feet.  The feet makes all the necessary adjustments.  So I wouldn't worry about a fan, I wouldn't worry about a heating lamp, I wouldn't worry about anything but making sure she has water.... and food.  Let her be a mommy, she's GOT THIS..

I know you're trying to help but you may want to give up on this. I've told this person multiple times in multiple threads the exact same thing and she is adamant that she needs to mess with her broody ducks, put heat lamps over them, put heat pads under them and their eggs, and now something about adding a shower curtain? This is all in Las Vegas Nevada where it is very hot, so this poster is putting hot heat lamps and heating pads on possible broody ducks (we don't know for sure they're actually broody) and is probably overheating both them and the eggs. Also the eggs might not even be fertile because at one point they had separated the drake from the females and no word on if they were ever put back together so at this point the eggs may not even be fertile. Also the female ducks were still laying eggs, a sure sign of not actually being broody (which this poster was also told).

On the incubator front, they have stated that they are doing this outside. Yes, their incubators are running outside in the hot Nevada sun and elements. When told this was the problem and to bring them in, they said they can't because it would hurt a family member's health to run them inside. So this might give you some insight on why they are having so many problems. But now they're talking about different room temps so maybe they did bring them inside? We don't know.

The frustration you are seeing above is stemming from the fact that this poster posts multiple times across multiple threads (usually copying and pasting) asking for the same advice that they have already been given. They take none of the advice and come up with their own 'solutions' that don't work and then come back and ask for help again, rinse and repeat.

Anyway this post might also help anyone who wants to give advice to know exactly what this poster's set up is, so if you have any tips that might work with this kind of incubator setup feel free to post them, but at this rate I don't think this person will ever get eggs to hatch.

Last edited:
You or wrong. The incubator is not outside. It was for cleaning purpose. There back in my room. Last hatch was not warm yet. It was our raining season. I wouldn't of been out there all day if I wasn't trying to help them and find items for them. I took the bricks from my pig. And gave them to my duck. It propt up my bricks now with steps. I have something simaler to picture above but has holes in it. So I used high expensive diaper fabric so I could at least wash it. On top with a brick on top of it . We used an old foil car window dash board cover lined it in box the best we could put a towel on bottom with an old puppy bed. Put that on bricks and put steps in it. My partner will staple two pieces of fabric to other side. They our fertile . I saw piece of duck in eggs when it opened up the duck was dead. Yes the male is with the females for the last week. Their all molting. It's not hot yet. It's been dark since I blew my light out . Outside lights. They have food and water every day.

According to this post

Little giant at temp 188.8 f humidity 88% on read on top. My little extra hydrometer our not in it at moment. Pro series 90 90 it's as far as it goes on settings. Vents closed on both. Their outside for my sons safety he has bad respotory issues. I can not run my nebulizers outside at moment not enough plugs. What else do I do and do I run them like they our tell 5 pm when partner gets home.

which you posted in several threads, you are or were incubating outside. Also from this post it sounds like you are incubating with the temperature and humidity way too high, at least in one incubator, and possibly the temp way too low in another and, although this may just be me not understanding your post or phrasing, possibly turning them off or running them differently at five pm when your partner gets home.

Part of the problem here is that we can't understand your posts and we have no idea who or what you're responding to because you don't quote posts.

Last edited:
We have the fan heater to unit upgrade. It's still not enough .i have a wafer therastate we had bought for our home made incubators.we only have one. We have 4 computer fans dc -12v 0.38 a 12 v power supply input ac 110v /220 v +15%output 12 v--3.2a dc 40w max power supply if we need to use that I will replace them later.for incubator or dog house.

There not hatching and poor development issues. Hernia death and parlizations issues in chicken eggs. Development issues in both duck and chickens. Hot and cold spots in incubators and in duck. Possible genitics in chicken eggs.

That was for cleaning purposes. That's not responding to anyone but me trying to address a problem and fix issues we wanted to try fumigation.

Maybe it's just your posts, but it seems like you jump from one "solution" to another trying to fix a constantly changing problem.

Eggs need 99.5-100.5 degrees for the full incubation period.

Eggs need humidity ranging from 35% - 45% for the incubation period other than the last 3 days.

Eggs need to be gently but completely turned 3 or more times a day.

For the last 3 days, the humidity should be around 65%-70% and don't turn the eggs and don't open the incubator but DO leave the vent plugs open.

This isn't overly complex. You can incubate in a shoebox in the closet if you spend enough time adjusting things to keep this temperature and humidity, but a decent incubator sure does make life easy.

You do not need heating pads or heat lamps if your incubator has a thermostat.

You do not need to blow fans in your duck house. Shade, water and ventilation...duck does the rest. Same for chickens.

Herniated navels means high hatch humidity or poor sanitation in the hatcher.

There is no way on earth that you should be putting your family and home at risk by overloading electrical circuits.

There not hatching and poor development issues. Hernia death and parlizations issues in chicken eggs. Development issues in both duck and chickens. Hot and cold spots in incubators and in duck. Possible genitics in chicken eggs.
Those wild temp swings are what's causing you malformations. ..fyi not genetic issues

We have stayed pretty close to 99.5 101.00 in both incubators the humidity is the hardest one to keep stable . It can 45-50 in little gaint . Sept for these morning it ran not water for test run of it after cleaning it out . At 70%. That one we usually do 1-18 days. Pro series usually will go 50-80% if I don't watch it carefully it's very sensitive to any water or to much water. If it rains it's worse.18-to finish line.

Back
Top Bottom