Shed into Coop - Need Ideas & Suggestions

I used 1/4" and 1/2" hardware cloth attached with 4 skinny zipties.
Ok, thanks, good idea....
thumbsup.gif

I used the same 2"x2" fencing as is on top of mine (still have lots of that stuff from previous owner), secured it with my staple gun (that has been my best friend in making this coop lol), backed up by duct tape. The cardboard is really thick, so they don't poke through.

I used the same 2"x2" fencing as is on top of mine (still have lots of that stuff from previous owner), secured it with my staple gun (that has been my best friend in making this coop lol), backed up by duct tape. The cardboard is really thick, so they don't poke through.
Make sure the staples aren't going to come out(maybe the duct tape is covering them?)......and get eaten off the ground.

How will you seal the openings in winter?

Ventilation is not the same as big holes in the walls. That seems good this time of year. And it does let air in.

But what you really want is air exchange, while excluding winters cold and frigid winds.
Big holes in the gables kinda defeat this.

Ventilation is typically achieved by inlets top and bottom, usually rain shielded. The rest of the house is kept tight.

One line of inlets is near the floor, with an exterior flashing cover over each to keep out rain.

I'm planning a new coop that will have open eaves for ventilation concerted by hardware cloth but I haven't figured out lower ventilation. Can you give some more detailed suggestion about how to do that? Do you just cut some vents the size of an air conditioning vent in a house or is it a longer continuous cutoff along the whole week?

Back
Top Bottom