shipping day old chicks

abooth

Songster
10 Years
Apr 20, 2009
Bourbon County Kentucky
I have never shipped baby chicks but may need to soon. I will probably ship a small order with some sort of heat pack. I saw online boxes for adults and boxes for a lot of chicks. Can I just se a small cardboard box or do I need a special box. What can I use as a heat source. Any advice woul be great.

Hey you, I saw that shippingm box that you posted the link for, there is no way I can fill it with chicks. Would they be ok with so much room to roam? When I have gotten chicks in the mail they are more tightly packed. I will definitely get the heat packs those look great.

Last edited:
That box is usually divided into two equal parts, each meant to hold 25 chicks. When I had a larger box from the hatchery with a smaller number of chicks, they added more of those straw mat thingies around the sides to help take up the space....You could always fill one side of the box with foam packing peanuts.

The chick boxes come in 25 , 50 and 100 chick size. Yes you will need these to ship day old.

Must ship chick as so as they dry off or at day old(no need for food or water.

If shipping less than 25, good odds they will get chilled ,without heat packs. Reason hatchiers pack extra cockrels in small orders.

Can ship older birds in adullts boxes, but not ones that still need brooding.

See pics on the auction below, 25 chick boxs.......

http://eggbid.com/listings/details/index.cfm?itemnum=1259810408

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom