Shipping time for Ebay eggs?

CozyDia

Chirping
May 4, 2022
SE Texas
Hey guys, I wanted to try hatching some eggs for the first time, so I bought some eggs from Ebay on Sunday the 19th.

The eggs were just delivered to the seller's post office an hour ago and my tracking info updated and it said it wouldn't deliver to me until Saturday the 25th. Assuming the seller's hens laid the egg today or day before that's a whopping 4-5 days in ship time! I already know buying shipped eggs is a gamble, but for spending $25 in shipping alone I would've expected at least a 1-3 day shipping time to lessen the chances of the eggs being damaged. The eggs will be traveling from PA to TX.

I just wanna know will I still have an okay chance at hatching them? Is this usually the standard ship time for Ebay eggs? I'm just worried for the eggs :(

What makes shipped eggs not hatch-able,, is the detached air sack inside. Some still will hatch, but your success rate drops.
Rough handling is the cause usually for the detachment,,, not time in travel.
When your eggs arrive let them rest for a day. In the meantime, get your incubator running ahead of time. This will let you know if all is well with temperature and humidity.
The $25 shipping fee may include the sellers packaging supplies as well. That is why it is somewhat high compared to a box of dry goods being sent.

WISHING YOU BEST,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and :welcome

Back
Top Bottom