Should I buy them...???

animalsRawesome

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
AHHHHHH! I don't know what to do. I need to buy some college textbooks; I found the international edition of two of the books I need. They are about $50 instead of $150!!!! It just sounds too good to be true. I don't know. I hate to spend more money than I have to, but I might just to save myself the stress of worrying if the international editions will work out OK... What do you all think?

I'd go for it if it saves you money and the international edition will work OK with the collage. Also as long as it is coming from a reputable dealer. We found great deals on new and used collage books through Amazon when our daughter started collage.

I'd go for it if it saves you money and the international edition will work OK with the collage. Also as long as it is coming from a reputable dealer. We found great deals on new and used collage books through Amazon when our daughter started collage.
Thanks RedBarnFarms! Are you saying it WILL work OK with the college, or that I should check with my college to make sure that it will??? If so, any idea how I would check?? Thanks again!

Thanks RedBarnFarms! Are you saying it WILL work OK with the college, or that I should check with my college to make sure that it will??? If so, any idea how I would check?? Thanks again!
You will defiantly NEED to check with your collage beforehand. I would call the collage office and ask first. I guess the administration building can point you to the right person to speak to.

Ok. Thank you!
smile.png

www.chegg.com

It's a company that acts like Netflix. You can rent textbooks from them and they ship you them in a box and you can print off a pre-paid label and send them back at the end of the term. Saved me hundreds, possibly thousands, of dollars. Some of those science textbooks can top $300. Insane!

www.chegg.com

It's a company that acts like Netflix. You can rent textbooks from them and they ship you them in a box and you can print off a pre-paid label and send them back at the end of the term. Saved me hundreds, possibly thousands, of dollars. Some of those science textbooks can top $300. Insane!
Will check into it. Thanks!
thumbsup.gif

One thing that I ran into (so you might want to watch out for) was that different versions had different questions at the end of the chapters. So, if your prof assigns those questions, you won't have the same ones as your classmates. (In my case, this happened in Organic Chemistry, and luckily I knew folks that had the correct version to borrow for JUST the questions). I was able to study, etc. from mine just fine. And yeah, those stinkin' text books are ridiculous...and then they bring out a new revision every other year, so you can't even sell yours' back to the bookstore...

Back
Top Bottom