Should I hatch ducks or chicks?

bufforp89

Songster
10 Years
Jul 26, 2009
Chenango Forks NY
So one of my buff orp girls is going broody. I was wondering what babies would fair better in colder weather. I have chick eggs and khaki campbell eggs. I know the momma chicken will do a really good job keeping them warm and I plan on giving her a little spot with some heat but this will be my first hatch and I want it to go as smooth as possible!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh I want duckies
hit.gif

Calling Ms. Tricer.....this spring I can supply you with some duck eggs....let me tempt you now!!!!! We have some cuties!!!

Y'all I'm a trouble maker today....Why not hatch both chicks and ducks....

Have a blessed day....

Ms Nancy should have wonderful fertility with those ducks of hers!.. You know all them curls you have!!! hahaha
lau.gif
tongue2.gif
Sorry back to topic.. I have had the pleasure seeing bargains ducks and they are sooo very pretty!

We have a game hen that went broody yesterday and we put some duck and the chick eggs that we wanted and took all hers. Shes a great mom so she'll do good for us. We slide a few duck eggs under our girls so we dont have to buy any so far its worked out ok for us.

You can put duck and chicken eggs under the same chicken? I assumed that the hen would abandon the duck eggs when the chicks hatched
hu.gif
or would you just take the chicks away so she finishes up?

Back
Top Bottom