*Show* I want to see your Seramas! *Show*

You probably did! He and his twin brother were in breeding pens at Patrick's house. I just brought them home this week to put them in a show pen and give them baths.
Sending good hatching vibes!

Freddy my young roo
35748_chickensducks_228.jpg

Fred Daphne at 3-4 weeks
35748_seramas_020.jpg

You can't DO this to me. I want both seramas and silkies. I want at least trios of each. However, they'd have to be house roosters. I'd have to build them a soundproof room...no roosters allowed on my lot size. Bah! (Though, the serama roos are quiet enough you probably wouldn't be able to hear them outside of my house, especially if I put another layer of foam over the basement windows...)
lau.gif

Last edited:
Love this thread! Need to get my youngest DD some Serama hatching eggs this spring. She wants to start a little flock of them for 4-H. Just marking my spot on this thread. Thanks for sharing your pic's!!!

I live in Florida now and have always wanted seramas. But I will be moving back up to Illinois soon, is it to cold in the winter if I heat the coop. What are the temp ranges for seramas? I know they come from Malaysia where its always hot, but someone must keep these beauties in the colder climates.
Terri

Quote:
Hi Terri
I live in Ky and do not heat my coop, and have over 100 seramas. I do keep them in a concrete shed that is draft free though or in a large chicken tractor that has a roomy indoor part, and my birds are acclimated to the weather. I think that is the biggest help. On really cold days, near 0 degrees, I might bring the roos in to keep them from getting frostbite on their combs, but I keep them in a non-heated room in my 150 year old farmhouse.

Back
Top Bottom