Show me pictures of your mixed breeds

Pics

LaurenRitz

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
Nov 7, 2022
Kansas
I am working on a chicken landrace population, or maybe a planned barnyard mix? I'd like to see pictures of your mixed breeds. Please identify breeds, if you know them.

This young lady is a Bielefelder x Black Australorp, currently almost 8 weeks old.

Attachments

• 20230924_165825.jpg
    20230924_165825.jpg
    561 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:
I am working on a chicken landrace population, or maybe a planned barnyard mix? I'd like to see pictures of your mixed breeds. Please identify breeds, if you know them.

This young lady is a Bielefelder x Black Australorp, currently almost 8 weeks old.
Hi! She is beautiful!

This is Darcy! He is a Light Sussex x French Cuckoo Maran cross. I'm starting a breeding project and hopefully in 4-5 years I will have created a new breed!
PXL_20230926_131839392.jpg

And this is the same type of mix as a chick! I'm going to name her Debbie if it's a hen!
PXL_20230925_182820161.jpg

Followup on the Jersey Giant x RIR cockerel. The coloring is amazing enough that I would be tempted to breed him just to stabilize the color. The red is deep enough that my sister thought he was bleeding. It's coming in on his wings and hackles, but not the saddle feathers yet.

20231128_154925.jpg

I have a similar project going on, though I would describe my breeding program as "throwing mud at a wall and seeing what sticks". Right now I think that simple camoflage matters above all other traits

My Egyptian Fayoumi and American Game behave almost identically when it comes to foraging and adventuring, however predators have eaten all of the Fayoumi. I believe simply because the white color clashes with the forest. It's unfortunate to learn about this the hard way, however I've been lucky to get darker Fayoumi hybrids that seem to be doing very well so far

This is a young Fayoumi cockerel that I believe is crossed with Asil
Fayoumi x Azil.png

And here's an American Game x Red Junglefowl hen (that's constantly broody) with her half Fayoumi babies
AGF x RJF & Fayoumi x.png

Back
Top Bottom