Show me your quail pens!!!

Pics
enjoyed that i was wondering about something like that.. i think people could use a old dresser and remove the front from the doors and replace it with hard wear cloth.. it would slide out of course. so you would have to be careful the quail were far enough back inside the dresser door when you opened it to feed etc..

perhaps my idea about this might help some one . who was just about to throw away some old furnature. recycling it into a quail pen might just be some ones answers to a cage problem.
or perhaps if one had a jig saw they could make small doors in front of all the old dresser drawer set .. and use hard ware cloth on the other half of the dreser drawers..

37609_quail2.jpg
37609_quail.jpg
My husband built this simple cage for a few of my quail. We like it so much we'll be building several more. We live in Louisiana, and it stays 90 and above this time of year, so our birds have to have lots of ventilation. The entire cage is enclosed with wire except the door. We built a lean-to on the side of one of our sheds, and have this cage hanging. Keeps the dogs and most other predators out.
I really like this idea!

I'm in the process of building some new quail pens. They'll not be the prettiest, but they'll be functional, and made out of scraps of wood and wire I have laying around. They'll have roll out bottoms, and sliding doors for feed to be put in.

for a brooder box, that looks extremely too cold for baby quail.
Yes -- but,
It is easy enough to staple plastic sheathing over the open areas until the birds grow a bit and/or the temp changes. Easier to remove the plastic as the birds grow than to try to provide ventilation on a solid piece. I think it's nice job on a versatile piece.

Back
Top Bottom