Show me your quails!

NOT REALLY I BEEN HAVING THEM FOR 5 MONTHS NOW AND I HAVEN'T CLEANED THEIR CAGE I HAVE THEM OUT SIDE ON THE DIRT WITH MY JAPANESE QUAILS & THEY LOOK REALLY HAPPY THEY LOVE TO BE ON DIRT HAVEN'T HAD ANY PROBLEM WITH THEM AND THEY GET ALONG REALLY WELL WITH MY JAPANESE QUAILS.

Does that roosters crop always look like that or is it squished up in the pic? It really looks like he has slow/sour crop in that picture.

He and his mother both always look like that, even when they first hatched. They also have trouble walking and stumble allot because they are so heavy, they are 2 or 3 times the weight of the other quails. His father is quite heavy as well.

No its pretty clean :) & I also have bobwhite quails but on a different cage and it's also pretty clean I will post some pic tomorrow so u can see that it's not messy I had them in a small cage the first week that I got them and it was really messy thats why I build a bigger cage on the dirt and it work I don't have to worry about cleaning their cage every week :))

Raised them over sand and wire both for years. No difference really in the thrift or health of the bird. Being big on nature id like to think there was but having seen for myself, there isnt.

Back
Top Bottom