Show off your Black Australorp

Pics
This is our 13 week Australorpe. Still trying to sort out gender though, any thoughts?

Don't think its an Australorp.. due to those yellow feet... My Australorps are 13 weeks right now, and only the Cockerels have any waddle or real comb development... the pullets i read don't start to really develop their combs and waddles until a week or so before they're ready to lay...

Last edited:
Oh my gosh, you'll all have to pester me to go into our ravine to snap a pic of our Australorp Yvonne. She's been with us for over 2 years and she is a HUGE cuddle bird. She's very precious to me and the oldest of all the birds we have here. :)

Australorps are such a lovely breed. Who can resist those beetle-green feathers and large, dark eyes? This is our girl, Adelaide, otherwise known as Addy.

-Alexandra33

She is gorgeous. :) I just learned that what was supposed to be a copper marans is a black australorp (somebody put it in the wrong bin), and I'm fine with that. Do you happen to have a picture of your girl around 10-12 weeks of age?

She is gorgeous. :) I just learned that what was supposed to be a copper marans is a black australorp (somebody put it in the wrong bin), and I'm fine with that. Do you happen to have a picture of your girl around 10-12 weeks of age?
Thanks! You know, would you believe that I, who takes 5,000 pictures of my girls every day (merely a slight exaggeration
smile.png
), would happen to not have any pictures of them at that age? I feel so bad.
hit.gif
Anyway, I kind of wish you had been able to get both a BA and a BCM, because both breeds are stunners. Just an excuse to get more chickens, right?
tongue.png

My apologies that I didn't have a picture of her at the specified
age, but here's Addy at about 15 weeks old. I did my best.
roll.png

Last edited:
Thanks! You know, would you believe that I, who takes 5,000 pictures of my girls every day (merely a slight exaggeration
smile.png
), would happen to not have any pictures of them at that age? I feel so bad.
hit.gif
Anyway, I kind of wish you had been able to get both a BA and a BCM, because both breeds are stunners. Just an excuse to get more chickens, right?
tongue.png

My apologies that I didn't have a picture of her at the specified
age, but here's Addy at about 15 weeks old. I did my best.
roll.png

Big bird! They seem to have big combs and wattles, even for the girls, no?

This is mine currently...though I cannot decide on a name. I need to figure one out soon. She is entering her 11th week, and because I am not 100% sure she is a pullet (hardly has any tail feathers), I've put off naming her. The folks on this forum say pullet at this point. :) Of course, that would make me super happy.

Big bird! They seem to have big combs and wattles, even for the girls, no?

This is mine currently...though I cannot decide on a name. I need to figure one out soon. She is entering her 11th week, and because I am not 100% sure she is a pullet (hardly has any tail feathers), I've put off naming her. The folks on this forum say pullet at this point. :) Of course, that would make me super happy.

She is so adorable! I agree with those who have told you that she's a pullet, since there is nothing that screams cockerel. Yes, Addy does have a big comb and wattles. You should see one of my Barred Rocks....her comb is large enough to easily be a rooster's.

-Alexandra33

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom