Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Hey Delaware people! Wanted to share my first hatch with you.

View attachment 1112715

Della Reese is a good mom. She had been dying to sit on a clutch for months and I couldn't take it anymore. They're even cuter when they're homegrown!
great pic its the best , i to had a very willing a young del broody, but sadly i could not give in , since we had a scorching spring that was dangerous to say the least here in AZ, so i had the cooler on since spring for my laying hens & broodies alike , but also i feared for my broodies since others broodies here in AZ just ended up dead on the nest , so i would love to see my del hen have her much desired family ,but we shall see what happens next spring fingers crossed it wont be like this year.! :rolleyes: o by the way thats her golf ball..HA , but sorry my camera is always on the wrong date. .!
101_9752.jpg

great pic its the best , i to had a very willing a young del broody, but sadly i could not give in , since we had a scorching spring that was dangerous to say the least here in AZ, so i had the cooler on since spring for my laying hens & broodies alike , but also i feared for my broodies since others broodies here in AZ just ended up dead on the nest , so i would love to see my del hen have her much desired family ,but we shall see what happens next spring fingers crossed it wont be like this year.! :rolleyes: o by the way thats her golf ball..HA , but sorry my camera is always on the wrong date. .!View attachment 1113850

Any Delawares in Arizona? Not Hatchery stock, but the real deal? Not bashing the hatchery folks, just curious as to what is out there. --BB

gosh i have no idea, & i would love to buy some show quality dels , but no matter what they are great birds were ever they come from .!

I think there are some Delaware breeders out here, but they may not subscribe to this thread. I'm in no hurry, but probably wait a few more weeks so see who may chime in. Not interested in show quality, just want a simple, peaceful backyard flock while enjoying my long deserved retirement. --BB

I think there are some Delaware breeders out here, but they may not subscribe to this thread. I'm in no hurry, but probably wait a few more weeks so see who may chime in. Not interested in show quality, just want a simple, peaceful backyard flock while enjoying my long deserved retirement. --BB
one thing look at blue baby newest post here on the AZ thread its about poultry shows and thats were to find a del breeder , i might go to the gram county one , just to look around ..!

Last edited:
one thing look at blue baby newest post here on the AZ thread its about poultry shows and thats were to find a del breeder , i might go to the gram county one , just to look around ..!

I wanna find some babies that will grow up with me, avoiding the pullets who are accustomed to others. It's like birthing your own babies and rearing them. I don't know if any of the local breeders sex their chicks, but I can't have any roosters within city limits.

I definitely want some Delawares in my flock though because of their nature and personality. ISA Browns and some other Heritage breed are on the list. --BB

Just stomping on in here to say my Ideal hatchery Delaware is not just a cute adolescent, she is my resident photobomber! I can hardly get pics of anyone else without her sweet inquisitive face popping up in the frame. Lovely personality.

Y'all have some pretty birds! Carry on please.

When is the Gram County poultry show? --BB
i think it said Oct 5 to 8 ..? but i hope i remembered that right ..? OK i just googled this
  1. Arizona Poultry Shows
    www.poultryshowcentral.com/Arizona.html
    Arizona Poultry Shows. ... Graham County Fair: October 5-8, 2017: Arizona State Fair Poultry Show: October 6-29, 2017: Apache County Poultry Show October 20-21, 2017:

Back
Top Bottom