Show off your house ducks!

You mean the one with the tiny built in T-rex arms? It's SO DANG CUTE!!! Bean's is probably just gonna be a cape add-on to her diaper with cloth spikes going down the back. I think she'd fixate on trying to rip the lil' arms right off :p

Help me out, how exactly does Fowloween work? I know we're supposed to submit photos, but since it's a scavenger hunt isn't there some sort of list that we're supposed to take inspiration from?
OMG it's the cutest thing I've ever seen! I really want to buy one if I can make enough money this halloween =D

Check out this dinosaur tail tutorial - it made the spikes on my homemade costume SO much easier! http://www.running-w-scissors.com/2011/03/dinosaur-tails.html#.VcFwBm5Viko

Ok the deal with FowlOween -
On the 30th of Aug I will post the "hunt list" (in my FowlOween photo album here on BYC and on my website). Each item on the hunt list will give you a direction for a photo with your fowl - i.e. take a picture with a stuffed animal - and each item is fall or halloween themed. Now each item on the list will be worth a certain number of points, so for every item on the hunt list that you submit a picture for, you'll earn points. You have one week to take all your photos, and then all the photos must me emailed to me or Jennifer by midnight on Sept 5th. We will add up everyone's points and announce the winner. After the winner has been announced we will post all the submissions to share =D There will be lots of chances for bonus points too and when it get's closer and we've nailed down all the bonuses I'll let you guys know how to find them.

I'm a Disneyland fiend & I've always said that the only problem with that park is all the brats running around. I have to laugh when I see the kid leashes. Went to Toys R Us last week & I am tempted to buy the little back pack leash for toddlings for Dandy. I'm going to see if they make a rubber ducky one...
Something kind of like these:

What a cute idea!!! ChaCha would die if I tried to put another animal on top of her LOL
It'll look like he's wearing a baby! so stinkin cute!
kukupecpec, i love you. awesome. have never seen these before nor did i know it was possible. it's necessary for everyone's safety like ducks and the child's of course.

i bet ChaCha is 100 kinds of soft. KISS that burd.

cute does make it easy to get away with all sorts of mischief. my finches are itty bitty but can do some damage and when they do i just deal with it and love them all the more.
Oh man, I remember being at disneyland and cracking up the first time I saw one! So hilarious! But truly not a bad idea. For the sake of EVERYone haha.
I think we need to see your finches! I have found that I just love birds in general. I found a little sparrow today at work who had most likely crashed into someones window, poor thing was out of sorts. But being at a middle school I couldn't just leave him on the sidewalk to relax and shake it off because Middle Schoolers are jerks. So I picked him up and carried him around for a bit while I tried to find a place to put him to recoup. He was the cutest little thing! He had these funny face feathers that made him look like an angry old man with overgrown eyebrows LOL the science teacher had a spare bird cage so we set him in there in the closet to give him a chance to relax. He was all fine and dandy by the end of the day and rejoined his buddies. But if that little guy had been permanently hurt I know I would have ended up with a pet sparrow because he was so adorable!!!!!

I am glad your sweet baby pink webbed Muscovy cutie pie is doing well.
Oh Julie Bird, you are all sorts of adorable! You make me smile with your positive vibes!
big_smile.png

OMG it's the cutest thing I've ever seen! I really want to buy one if I can make enough money this halloween =D

Check out this dinosaur tail tutorial - it made the spikes on my homemade costume SO much easier! http://www.running-w-scissors.com/2011/03/dinosaur-tails.html#.VcFwBm5Viko

On the 30th of Aug I will post the "hunt list" (in my FowlOween photo album here on BYC and on my website). Each item on the hunt list will give you a direction for a photo with your fowl - i.e. take a picture with a stuffed animal - and each item is fall or halloween themed. Now each item on the list will be worth a certain number of points, so for every item on the hunt list that you submit a picture for, you'll earn points. You have one week to take all your photos, and then all the photos must me emailed to me or Jennifer by midnight on Sept 5th. We will add up everyone's points and announce the winner. After the winner has been announced we will post all the submissions to share =D There will be lots of chances for bonus points too and when it get's closer and we've nailed down all the bonuses I'll let you guys know how to find them.

What a cute idea!!! ChaCha would die if I tried to put another animal on top of her LOL
Oh man, I remember being at disneyland and cracking up the first time I saw one! So hilarious! But truly not a bad idea. For the sake of EVERYone haha.
I think we need to see your finches! I have found that I just love birds in general. I found a little sparrow today at work who had most likely crashed into someones window, poor thing was out of sorts. But being at a middle school I couldn't just leave him on the sidewalk to relax and shake it off because Middle Schoolers are jerks. So I picked him up and carried him around for a bit while I tried to find a place to put him to recoup. He was the cutest little thing! He had these funny face feathers that made him look like an angry old man with overgrown eyebrows LOL the science teacher had a spare bird cage so we set him in there in the closet to give him a chance to relax. He was all fine and dandy by the end of the day and rejoined his buddies. But if that little guy had been permanently hurt I know I would have ended up with a pet sparrow because he was so adorable!!!!!
Awe, I love that story about the little sparrow. U made my night caring for him and rescuing him from something unmentionable. Thank you. I love that you would have taken him home as a pet if he was more compromised. He got lucky getting into your hands.

I will post some pics of my finches. Now that I know how to do it from my smartphone I will get on it, so stay tuned…..

Awe, I love that story about the little sparrow.  U made my night caring for him and rescuing him from something unmentionable.  Thank you.  I love that you would have taken him home as a pet if he was more compromised.  He got lucky getting into your hands.

I will post some pics of my finches.  Now that I know how to do it from my smartphone I will get on it, so stay tuned…..

You go Julie! Work that smart phone!

YAY! I can't wait for photos of your honorary pygmy ducks! ;)

Honorary pygmy ducks :gig

Last edited:

Awesome hun, thanks! I'll have to keep an eye for the list!

I'm saying I'll put the backpack on Dandy River but I'm not even sure she will take it either!
lol.png

I think all kids should be leashed AND muzzled til at least 13, but that's just me. I think their handlers should have to get a kid licence. I've worked at schools & you're right, middle schoolers are jerks.

I'm loving your sparrow story, you are such good people hun.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom