Show off your house ducks!

Lol I do if she doesn't. I'm petrified to cut nails or clip wings if I had too! Scary stuff!
ep.gif

hmm. Not sure if there's a guide for that. I never looked for one. Have you ever trimmed dog or cat nails? It's pretty much the same thing but easier with two people. We use small cat nail clippers. The only thing about ducks is that they usually don't like you messing with their feet. It's a lot easier if you have somebody hold the duck so you can use both hands, one to hold the foot and the other to trim the nails.

Lol I do if she doesn't. I'm petrified to cut nails or clip wings if I had too! Scary stuff!
ep.gif

Most vets will do it for pretty cheap, we take ours to get it done once a month or so, it's only $15 a birb. And they'll be happy to show you how to do it, as well! Mine's cool, they got a beveling machine that rounds off claws super fast. It's awesome. p

hmm. Not sure if there's a guide for that. I never looked for one. Have you ever trimmed dog or cat nails? It's pretty much the same thing but easier with two people. We use small cat nail clippers. The only thing about ducks is that they usually don't like you messing with their feet. It's a lot easier if you have somebody hold the duck so you can use both hands, one to hold the foot and the other to trim the nails.

If You only have YOU, you can put them on their back like this (use your legs to hold ducky if they start to struggle) then you have both hands, one to hold the foot and one to cut!

Omg that photo, haaaa! I think you're lucky, not a lotta ducks will chill on their backs like that. I know mine sure as gravy don't.

On that note..@ Scovy Momma , how are Muscovy's as house ducks? That's what I'm looking at for jojos companion. I want some opinions before I get her.

Oh, I loooove the Muscovy! Such quiet, goofy, & cuddly puppy ducks!
The nails are the only thing that need constant attention because they're perching birds so they with claw everything if not kept rounded off. I just use the dogs' Pedi Paws to grind the nails while Dandy is on her back. Daisy used to be okay on her back but was easier to deal with by just standing on one leg while I grind & painted the other foot. :D

Any clue were to buy some duckling diapers?
My Blue Swedish pair is about to adopt some ducklings, but I have no idea were to get diapers for the little ones!? Please help!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom