Show off your house ducks!

Oh yah bye the way scovymama you have a wonderful looking Muscovy duck
1f44d.png

Thanks @kukupecpec I'll give it a shot!! I'm waiting for Louis to get his big boy feathers and body and then we'll be getting a diaper from you!! He's getting to be such a big guy so quickly!!

Oh, I loooove the Muscovy! Such quiet, goofy, & cuddly puppy ducks!
The nails are the only thing that need constant attention because they're perching birds so they with claw everything if not kept rounded off. I just use the dogs' Pedi Paws to grind the nails while Dandy is on her back. Daisy used to be okay on her back but was easier to deal with by just standing on one leg while I grind & painted the other foot. :D

What about the flying issue? Do you clip their wings? Or let her fly around? I don't want JoJo getting jealous! Lol

What about the flying issue? Do you clip their wings? Or let her fly around? I don't want JoJo getting jealous! Lol

I never had that issue with either Daisy or Dandy. Daisy couldn't/wouldn't fly & Dandy River seems to be the same way. I only trimmed the longest feather on Daisy's wings so she could fit more comfortably in her backpack carrier. Dandy hasn't shown an interest in trying to fly & I haven't clipped her wings so far. She walks everywhere to follow me, as did Dais

Thanks Hun!

I cannot believe how gorgeous Dandy is. I thought Daisy was super special for being so petite and gorgeous, but it appears lightning has struck twice for you! Pretty lil' girl. I'm so happy you finally got your baby. What's the story with the rouen? Where are you keeping her while you look for a new home?

Omg that photo, haaaa! I think you're lucky, not a lotta ducks will chill on their backs like that. I know mine sure as gravy don't.

Really? Cause ChaCha is not a particularly *chill* bird lol she may love me, but she's a hellion I tell you! I only have that ONE picture of her like that because the rest of the time I need to hold hey in place with my legs so I can do whatever ai need done. I think she may have learned that there's nothing she can do when I put her like that because for a LONG time she had to be that way every morning and night so I could change the bandages on her feet.
... I do believe that your little calls would throw a hissy fit though LOL oh WoBean

eeeeee cute ChaCha about to get a pedi. Darlimg bird she is.

I wish she were as darling as her photos... it's deceiving how sweet she looks hahaha

Any clue were to buy some duckling diapers?
My Blue Swedish pair is about to adopt some ducklings, but I have no idea were to get diapers for the little ones!? Please help!

Hiya! I have baby diapers in packages or I can do a cushion set of just the sizes they need (and BYCers get a discount if you order through my Etsy store, just gotta get the code from me)
https://www.etsy.com/listing/191045088/ducklinggosling-diaper-hatch-to-feathers?ref=shop_home_feat_2

Thanks Hun!

OMG I love her little face! My friend all wants a ducky buddy for her girl, I may have to remind her of your sweet things!

Thanks @kukupecpec I'll give it a shot!! I'm waiting for Louis to get his big boy feathers and body and then we'll be getting a diaper from you!! He's getting to be such a big guy so quickly!!
it's truly insane how fast they grow! I always wonder if they have growing pains... but anywho, once their have their big kid tail they can wear a grown up diaper. Sometimes they ate all a little fluffy but their first diaper will stretch out enough it should always fit them.

For those of you who have ducky diapers (mine or anyone else's) is there a need for a diaper tailoring/repair service? It's been mentioned to me a few times over the past year or so but for now with my limited space I haven't put much thought into it. Depending on the damage it may be more economical to just replace an old diaper, but for little things like replacing a stretched out strap or worn out velcro, or even adjusting the straps for a new ducky, would that be something any of you would want?
My biggest concern with that is ducky illness, but if contamination could be solved with good abiding practices would anyone want a tailoring/repair service?

Back
Top Bottom