Show off your house ducks!

I have some Swedish/Cayugas mixed and she's only a touch smaller than them... I've never weighed her though...funny that!

She's gotten bigger since she hatched!!!
1f601.png
Even cuter!!!!!! That must be the key to your heart your are handing over
big_smile.png

:love ahhh soo many cute duckies since I've been on last! Ohh how I miss the duckling days... now the babies like to drive me coo coo for coco puffs.. but I love them.

OMGGGG SAMMII... That snow white costume... AHHHHHH I HAVE TO HAVE ONEEE LOL definitely would make nice auction items, if not as an all the time thing. lol

And don't worry Amy, Bean will lay her eggs.. it'll be worth the wait.. I know with me, as much as I'm looking forward to Cookie laying, I'm terrified of egg bound.. so I am kind of dreading it at the same time. I can't even think of something happening. At least shes got the eyes for wobz now, and getting used to the whole love making thing hahahaha and who knows, maybe the first egg will be a lucky one ;) lol

Hello my name is Diana, I've Been lurking around this forum for a while now
263a.png

Around 5 months ago, I found a duckling in a very busy mall parking lot. He almost got ran over by several cars. He was very small and after looking for his family for about 2 hours to no avail, I took him home and he has been with me since. I know nothing about ducks, I don't even have pets but you guys have been my lifeline
2764.png
I tried to follow as many tips from you guys as I could. My sweet one seems to be healthy and thriving (he/she is a Muscovy) but I need advice guys:
Up until around a month ago, he would spend most of the day inside the house and a few hours in the back yard. While on the back yard he would swim in the pool and walk around the grass a bit and then come back inside. If I had to leave for work, he would be on the back yard for around 4-5 hours until I come back home to let him in. The issue started around 3 weeks ago since he learnt to fly. He wants to spend more hours outside (which is fine with me
1f614.png
) but now he is flying away. He had done it 3 times and I'm afraid he might get hurt by a predator or some evil person out there. I can't keep inside the house all day since I have to work and now I'm worried and stressed out thinking that I will be back home and he will be gone or hurt.
How do guys handle your ducks when the start to fly?
Do you know if there is GPS that I can buy for him?
1f633.png

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

You could clip the flight feathers on one wing. It'll keep him from flying....but any duck or animal that's outside need a predator proof place to escape to...

Back
Top Bottom