Show off your house ducks!

Palmer was definitely rewarded. She's a wonderful doggie momma to our Winter <3 I wish there were more vets available for birds as well. Thank you Julie, for your kind words.
You and ChaCha are so sweet. They kept Winter at the vet and monitored her for 8 hours. She ended up passing a soft shelled egg, her very first of this kind. I was so happy to hear she had passed an egg - hard or soft, it really didn't matter - what mattered was that her prolapse had corrected. And, I was thinking it could be her current diet. She's on Purina All Flock Raiser with oyster shells, yet she really doesn't like the oyster shells and always picks around them. With that being said, I don't think she is getting enough calcium. I had her momma, Perdy, on Layer Crumbles by Dumor and she's never had this problem. Perdy turned a year old in August and has layed over 60 perfect eggs since she turned 6 months old in February. So, I changed Winter's food today to the Dumor and I'm hoping that solves the problem. I was so upset this morning, I thought I had lost my little Winter. I am so blessed she recovered <3

Wow that's scary!
Have you ever used mazuri waterfowl feed? I hear from everyone that that's the best waterfowl feed ever, but I haven't gotten around to trying it myself.

Funny ChaCha. She is so much personality. I love her and how she gets all pissy over Fiddlesticks. Then turns around and models for you very nicely. Sweetie!!

Oh man, I got some of that attitude in camera!

Happy early Halloween!

Thanks =D!! ChaCha was so good for me today until she broke a toenail =( not even sure what happened, all of a sudden her nail was short and bleeding! So she got a nice foot soak and lots of treats =)

Wow that's scary!
Have you ever used mazuri waterfowl feed? I hear from everyone that that's the best waterfowl feed ever, but I haven't gotten around to trying it myself.
Oh man, I got some of that attitude in camera!

Happy early Halloween!

I am in love with her. She is gigantic with personality. The more attitude the better. Tell her Happy Halloween for me. I am glad you fixed her webnail. And she got treats. Sweet duck bewrd.

Hey, do you guys know if mating will encourage a duck hen to start laying? Bean and Wobs have been going at it like jackrabbits all night long...

I have no idea, Amykins, but conceivably, if she does, could you have viable eggs now?

I hope so! The only times I witness them mating is at night when they're in their crate. Since I can hear them but not see them, I know Wobbles is...er..."crossing the finish line", but I don't know if he's hitting his target, LOL!

Back
Top Bottom