Show off your house ducks!

Popping in with a little update on Olive in case anyone else goes through what we did: the two implants worked! She has stopped laying eggs completely and acts like a prepubescent duck now. No more squatting + tooting, no more digging nests, and she has fallen completely back in to the behavior she had before she started to lay. Which is a nice bonus because she was a very cuddly duckling and that side of her is back now!
AWESOME for you and sweet little Olive.

Feeding her peas between drives lol

Quote:
In the house bathtuc ChaCha gets coldish water. Colder than I would like for sure, but not freezing. I really couldn't guess at actual temperature though. I turn the cold tap on all the way, and then the hot tap on just a tad so the water isn't FREEZING in the winter, and no hot tap in the summer cause our "cold" tap water here in the desert is lukewarm during the warm months. Outside, ChaCha just gets the hose and whatever temp the water is that is sitting in the swimming tub. She has a big black rubber tub that's big enough for her to get in an splash around and do little circles in. It's not big, but it's big enough for a single duck, and you could FIT two ducks if they just wanted to float (or mate). ChaCha LOVES to diddle in puddles and will VERY excitidly splash and wiggle and stomp and dabble. She seems to enjoy fishing for treats and fishing bugs out of the water, and she will clean herself in her shallow bath (belly depth) if I am in the room with her. But just about anything else she doesn't like. She too will immediately leave any pool. We've swam with her a few times and she goes straight for the stairs to get out, OR uses the nearest human as a island LOL

Quote:
So Cute! What a sweet pair! @Skink I'm so happy for you and Olive!!! I hope she stays happy and healthy now!

In the house bathtuc ChaCha gets coldish water. Colder than I would like for sure, but not freezing. I really couldn't guess at actual temperature though. I turn the cold tap on all the way, and then the hot tap on just a tad so the water isn't FREEZING in the winter, and no hot tap in the summer cause our "cold" tap water here in the desert is lukewarm during the warm months. Outside, ChaCha just gets the hose and whatever temp the water is that is sitting in the swimming tub. She has a big black rubber tub that's big enough for her to get in an splash around and do little circles in. It's not big, but it's big enough for a single duck, and you could FIT two ducks if they just wanted to float (or mate). ChaCha LOVES to diddle in puddles and will VERY excitidly splash and wiggle and stomp and dabble. She seems to enjoy fishing for treats and fishing bugs out of the water, and she will clean herself in her shallow bath (belly depth) if I am in the room with her. But just about anything else she doesn't like. She too will immediately leave any pool. We've swam with her a few times and she goes straight for the stairs to get out, OR uses the nearest human as a island LOL
Maybe she's just going through whatever Noir was going through. Before and after that year Noir was the first in the pool so who knows. We didn't notice anything else unusual during that time and as far as we could tell, nothing changed to fix it. ??? Crazy ducks
idunno.gif

Popping in with a little update on Olive in case anyone else goes through what we did: the two implants worked! She has stopped laying eggs completely and acts like a prepubescent duck now. No more squatting + tooting, no more digging nests, and she has fallen completely back in to the behavior she had before she started to lay. Which is a nice bonus because she was a very cuddly duckling and that side of her is back now!
SQUEEE!! That's SO awesomepants! I love the idea of a perpetual sweet ducky baby!

Back
Top Bottom