Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

I know what you mean. All (at least most) of mine are very special too, and I couldn't get rid of them. Simple golden comets are my hubbys favorites. His girls. But I sure do enjoy these guys.

Love my OEGB as well, especially my little hens. Swedish Flowers, though, are quickly becoming one of my favorite breeds. They were friendly right out of the egg, curious, no fear. They fight when I go in the pen to see who is going to get picked up first.

After a very slow spring, demand for my OEGB seems to have picked up. I've sold 6 adult birds this week, some of my older breeders, to good homes where I know they'll be enjoyed. Sold all my Polish chicks, kind of sad because I thought about keeping a pair. I always hatch way more than I need because I know sooner or later people will start looking for them. Was getting worried this year. I have at least 50 OEGB chicks of various ages left, as well as several young adult birds that will take their place in my breeding pens soon. Then there are black and blue French Copper Marans and Bielefelder chicks. And turkeys.

I think I might have a problem.

I really miss my OEGB and hope to get some soon. I'm just fond of any chicken though. My wife loves Silkies but she's getting attached to the AM's, especially Clementine.

That's her and Clementine having a chat.

Awwww
love.gif
soooo pretty!

Clementine's crop looks good there. Is she better?

Love my OEGB as well, especially my little hens. Swedish Flowers, though, are quickly becoming one of my favorite breeds. They were friendly right out of the egg, curious, no fear. They fight when I go in the pen to see who is going to get picked up first.

After a very slow spring, demand for my OEGB seems to have picked up. I've sold 6 adult birds this week, some of my older breeders, to good homes where I know they'll be enjoyed. Sold all my Polish chicks, kind of sad because I thought about keeping a pair. I always hatch way more than I need because I know sooner or later people will start looking for them. Was getting worried this year. I have at least 50 OEGB chicks of various ages left, as well as several young adult birds that will take their place in my breeding pens soon. Then there are black and blue French Copper Marans and Bielefelder chicks. And turkeys.

All my birds are still young, as I've only been doing this for a little over a year. But I'm quickly learning that I have to rotate stock. Its just very hard! I'm tempted to just make a bachelor pen, or an overflow mixed pen, for all the ones that I don't want to part with!

Are your Polish LF or Bantam? And how are the little poults doing? Would love to see some of your Swedish Flowers too.

ETA - at least with your "problem", we all have it, so you are in good company!
big_smile.png

Last edited:

I am too far off. Just keep advertising. Glad you started to sell some.
smile.png

Awwww  :love    soooo pretty! 

Clementine's crop looks good there.  Is she better?

All my birds are still young, as I've only been doing this for a little over a year.  But I'm quickly learning that I have to rotate stock.  Its just very hard!  I'm tempted to just make a bachelor pen, or an overflow mixed pen, for all the ones that I don't want to part with! 

Are your Polish LF or Bantam?  And how are the little poults doing?  Would love to see some of your Swedish Flowers too.

ETA - at least with your "problem", we all have it, so you are in good company!  :D

When I came home from vacation it was almost normal, now it's back and forth. I had to vomit her this morning. Can't figure it out?

Awwww  :love    soooo pretty! 

Clementine's crop looks good there.  Is she better?

All my birds are still young, as I've only been doing this for a little over a year.  But I'm quickly learning that I have to rotate stock.  Its just very hard!  I'm tempted to just make a bachelor pen, or an overflow mixed pen, for all the ones that I don't want to part with! 

Are your Polish LF or Bantam?  And how are the little poults doing?  Would love to see some of your Swedish Flowers too.

ETA - at least with your "problem", we all have it, so you are in good company!  :D

WV, that's precisely what I do. I have a mixed pen that I either "cull" or "pull" from. When a bird really starts to catch my eye, I'll pull it out and into a cage of its own. If I have too many of a particular sex and breed, I evaluate and "rank" them. Last place is sold first.

I don't have any polish. I sold my WCB bantams over a year ago. I bought a dozen eggs to hatch that were white crested blacks and blues. I hatched 9, all were blues except one and they sold like hot cakes. Beautiful chicks.

My Swedish Flowers

Poults are doing great. All still alive and growing.

Last edited:
Finally got a chance to sit down and look at some of what I've hatched this year. Very roo heavy, but there are some with really great potential to be lookers. Can't wait to see them once they get their mature feathers. The pullets I have are all nice, some are downright beautiful, and all of them will keep me headed in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom