Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

At what age do OEGB pullets tend to start to lay? We only have the one little bantam, she is 14 weeks, but her comb/face is pinking up already. I know my heritage birds take until around 30+ weeks, and my hatchery birds were about 18-20, I just don't have any experience with these little ones. Thanks for any input! She has also become quite the flier, and is constantly escaping her pen through the tiniest space, none of my big girls can really get their bottoms off the ground unless something is chasing them! I am guessing that she will take a little bit longer, because she is sooooo tiny, even for a bantam. I love her sweet little "big hen" sounds, so different from my other birds.

Edited to add pics

Last edited:
Ok so early this summer I bought a trio of brassy-back OEGB at a local auction.

And I have decided on my breeders for next year. They will also be shorebirds so I would like u guys and gals to help me find out if I made the right choice and your thoughts on quality.

This is the hen I decided to keep. She has a five point comb. Slate/blue legs. And a u shaped back.

her legs.

Her head.

Her chest. So u guys can see her colors.

Her shoulder and top of her body. For the colors.

The rooster I chose looks great he has a nice u in his back also.

His legs

His chest

His body from the top and from the side.

No I would just have to pay for an entire new thing to do 2 and my parents wont bc im already doing 3 things swine,22' rifle, and poultry but idk ill prob jsut use Jill if u guys think she is good enough

That is odd. Here you pay the $20 dues am do as many things as you want. Some clubs have their own personal dues but never more than $20. Good luck on your projects

Ok so early this summer I bought a trio of brassy-back OEGB at a local auction.

And I have decided on my breeders for next year. They will also be shorebirds so I would like u guys and gals to help me find out if I made the right choice and your thoughts on quality.

This is the hen I decided to keep. She has a five point comb. Slate/blue legs. And a u shaped back.

her legs.

Her head.

Her chest. So u guys can see her colors.

Her shoulder and top of her body. For the colors.

The rooster I chose looks great he has a nice u in his back also.

His legs

His chest

His body from the top and from the side.

Where we are you should have a back up bird invade something happens right before a show. My daughter had 1 get egg bound 2 weeks before a show.

I think that goes anywhere. Not necessity a rule but extra percaution. If you don't have bird to fill the spot-scratch. I always purposely over enter for any show I go to

Here is Hermie (R.I.P.) He went into the woods a few weeks ago and never returned. He would come running everytime he would hear us come up the drive way and beg to be held. This is him sleeping on my wife in the garage.

This is Sam on my daughter. Kat was outside playing.

And her are our baby BBRs that we got from a breeder in North Carolina (4 are still developing). We are hoping for a new Rooster.
Knowing my luck I'll get all 4 to be roosters. :)

Back
Top Bottom