Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

I only ended up with the one Crele female from the batch I ordered from Cackle this year, and she didn't have quite the look I wanted, so I sold her and I'm thinking of ordering hatching eggs.

I like my Creles. They're not perfect but I can fix the things I don't like (mainly tail length). I see very few OEGB with adequate tails. My pullets are pretty, but they all seem to be male line. It's hard to beat a really pretty female line Crele pullet.

@jophus do you sell/ship eggs? I've been drooling over your oe for awhile now!

My birds are all broody, so I'm not getting eggs right now. I'm trying to phase out everything but my Creles so I can work with them exclusively (well, OEGB wise that is). Just started this project last year, and can already see that these are a good bunch of birds that I can improve quickly.

When these new girls start laying, I'm gonna need something to do with eggs, lol. I have A LOT of Crele pullets right now, and a bunch of young roos. I'll pick the best of those to breed from.

I've really been down sizing my flock, really focusing on just a few varieties. It was getting to be too much work and wasn't fun any more. Having 250 birds to care for will do that, lol.

Getting bigger every day!:love
IMG_1065.JPG IMG_1068.JPG IMG_1069.JPG

I'm going to bother all the amazingly experienced and educated folk here about the color of this chick. Based on day old size and down, I'd assumed it was a btw jap. The chick is also a good bit larger than the other known japs, more in line with my OEs. But today I noticed some odd colored feathers sprouting up, though to be honest I thought it was dirt at first!

Anyone know what's going on here?? Is this some crazy colored OE in disguise?
IMG_1103.JPG IMG_1104.JPG IMG_1105.JPG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom