Show off your roosters

So, this is my rooster. Not a clue on breed. He showed up back in May, just a young thing. Saddest looking thing you had ever seen! Looked like a ratty calico cat. lol No comb, no tail. He is looking pretty spiffy now! Any have a clue as to breed? Most chickens on this island are bred for fighting. :| I got two hens for him last week and he is so good with them!

He is actually purple where it looks dark blue in these photos.

Two wing feathers on the right side are white.

well i dont know the breed...but congratz you did a great job he is a good looking man your females will be happy with that stud
thumbsup.gif

My horse, Crescent, must get most of the credit. She shares all her food with him, well, except for bananas and mangoes, chases him off when they are given out. lol I have to throw his share about 20ft away and keep her busy. He gets lots of coconut peelings, think that is where the gleam comes from. Can't wait to see what he looks like after the next molt. He can not be more than 5 months old now. I have a feeling all three birds are local breeds. They do a lot of breeding here in the islands and it is a thing of pride to come up with a new, consistent breed. Next time I am at track I will have them write down what they call them. I looked through all the pictures in the breeds pages, and nothing looks like the girls. He looks like a cross of an Americana and the local bush chickens. lol

My horse, Crescent, must get most of the credit. She shares all her food with him, well, except for bananas and mangoes, chases him off when they are given out. lol I have to throw his share about 20ft away and keep her busy. He gets lots of coconut peelings, think that is where the gleam comes from. Can't wait to see what he looks like after the next molt. He can not be more than 5 months old now. I have a feeling all three birds are local breeds. They do a lot of breeding here in the islands and it is a thing of pride to come up with a new, consistent breed. Next time I am at track I will have them write down what they call them. I looked through all the pictures in the breeds pages, and nothing looks like the girls. He looks like a cross of an Americana and the local bush chickens. lol
Awww a horse that loves your boy! That is so cute.
wee.gif

So, this is my rooster. Not a clue on breed. He showed up back in May, just a young thing. Saddest looking thing you had ever seen! Looked like a ratty calico cat. lol No comb, no tail. He is looking pretty spiffy now! Any have a clue as to breed? Most chickens on this island are bred for fighting. :| I got two hens for him last week and he is so good with them! He is actually purple where it looks dark blue in these photos. Two wing feathers on the right side are white.
His blue is gorgeous!!!

So, this is my rooster. Not a clue on breed. He showed up back in May, just a young thing. Saddest looking thing you had ever seen! Looked like a ratty calico cat. lol No comb, no tail. He is looking pretty spiffy now! Any have a clue as to breed? Most chickens on this island are bred for fighting. :| I got two hens for him last week and he is so good with them!

He is actually purple where it looks dark blue in these photos.

Two wing feathers on the right side are white.

looks like a hatch game that was not dubbed.

Back
Top Bottom