Show off your roosters

Fluffy Sr. My Coronation Sussex

This is Cock-A-Doodle, the pullet who decided to be a rooster. He is supposedly a Silver Lakenvelder but his markings don't really seem like what we would expect. He is missing so many tail feathers after trying to protect his girls from raccoons. Unfortunately 3 got taken and he has been even more of a butt ever since. He can be sweet and takes care of his girls well.

This is Cock-A-Doodle, the pullet who decided to be a rooster. He is supposedly a Silver Lakenvelder but his markings don't really seem like what we would expect. He is missing so many tail feathers after trying to protect his girls from raccoons. Unfortunately 3 got taken and he has been even more of a butt ever since. He can be sweet and takes care of his girls well.
almost positive its a mottled houdan

Our houdan is a pain in the butt.

Looking at other Mottled Houdans I think you are right. The farm store we got him from must have gotten the breed mixed up.
He is definitely a butthead... Everyone in the family has taken to walking around the yard with a rake in hand. I just grab him and carry him around with me when he gets testy. Silly bird!

Looking at other Mottled Houdans I think you are right. The farm store we got him from must have gotten the breed mixed up.
He is definitely a butthead... Everyone in the family has taken to walking around the yard with a rake in hand. I just grab him and carry him around with me when he gets testy. Silly bird!
if he has 5 toes he is definately a houdan. The breed is notoriously hard to keep. Ours flies like a hummingbird. Hes constantly up to no good. We are going to cross him with brahmas.

Back
Top Bottom